Respected Contributor

Re: Now is just as good a time as any

I just got my hair chopped off into a pixie 2 weeks ago, and I'm buying new clothes tomorrow because I've lost over 30lbs and 4 inches, so everything is falling off. I also am getting new bras because we have a body scanner at work and can now wear a real underwire bra, which previously set the metal detector off. All the women just love the new body scanner!!
Respected Contributor

I plan to rev up my activity.  Right now I do pilates, ride my bike in decent weather and hike.  I need to keep my physical regimen more disciplined in '17.  I already drink plenty of water and eat well.  There's room to be more consistent with skin care instead of skipping 2-3 days/nights a week.  I will say when working at home I don't wear a stitch of makeup and feed my skin with known actives which can help with aging gracefully- I just need to not fall asleep before I do my night-time skin care.  It's probably the most important while sleeping and rejuvenating, (not very exciting, I know)

Whatever any of us do on the outside, I feel keeping an open mind, maintaining sensitivity for the feelings of others and holding plenty of love in your heart seems to be the key to true happiness. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @maestra, for getting it yourself.

I like your sig as well. 8)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Major props and kudos to you, @Tigriss, for your healthy lifestyle changes...proud of you.  

And I love that you're having fun with your new 'outsides' as well.  8)

Yay for boobie support!

Even my teeny ta-tas need the lift, LOL.

Super Contributor

Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! I can get into bed at night and realize I've had (maybe) 8 oz of liquid all day. And start couch to 5k so I can jog my first 5k in 2017.
Respected Contributor

Thanks to all you beauties, I've actually added a lot of products to my skin care routine, because each one someone raved about sounded better than the last and was going to be my fountain of youth... lol! In 2017 I've decided to pare down and simplify. I'm going to be more conscious of the chemicals I'm putting on my face, in my body and what I'm washing my clothes with! 

Esteemed Contributor

Not really.  I like things the way they are.  As my hair got grayer - and now white - I've had to tweak my makeup gradually over the last year.  I like my easy pixie-ish hairstyle and plan to keep it this way.  I changed my wardrobe when I retired 3 years ago and it's almost perfect.... so I'm feeling good about myself.

Have a beautiful 2017 everyone!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I got to lose some weight, be more consistent with skincare and if I could find soemthing that actually worked for my horrid cuticles that would be great

Valued Contributor

I have got to get off my butt and lose this 15 lbs of "quit smoking" weight. It might kill me.  Yeesh!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Super Contributor

Re: Now is just as good a time as any to be new

I am with you on the stylist part.  I drive an hour and a half to get my hair done.

ugh.   How did I find this person?  I shopped online, went to websites, and

looked at actual photo's of stylists work.   Hair salons that copy and paste

professional photo's of amazing hairstyles not done by them, does nothing

for me.

So far so good.  Best of luck !

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Agree, starting with the inside, first. Better nutrition & supps. I signed with a new gym and got a 4 month intro price.

Outtside? HAIR!!! Looking for a new stylist/colorist. Aggghhhh! 

I went back to getting pedi's last summer. I like the suggestion of new readers for a new look.