Respected Contributor

Re: Noticing more people using those long stuck together fake eyelashes!

It goes along with nail talons, breast implants, hair extensions, Botox etc. Seems the look is to emulate the Barbie doll. 

There is even plastic surgery for the labia——- boggles my mind.

Many women with this false look look the same to me— 

watching old movies there are all types, ie small chested. Now there is a homogeneity.

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella. Tammy Faye returns!

Couldn't agree more- not my style at all but everybody has thier own taste and is entitled to it. 

Honored Contributor

Fake lashes can look beautiful if cut right especially if you are wearing for day wear.  I no longer wear them but I did in late teens (18) and early 20's.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Agree that this is not a good look, but my peers and I wore a few ugly things when we were young, too.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe  I think we are talking about the same person. I wrote in previous post about a news person. I too live in Pgh

Respected Contributor

Regarding eyelashes, I'm always jealous when I see that model with long blonde hair and really long eyelashes--think her name is Allie.  She's often demo-ing mascara which one coat of any mascara gives her sky-length lashes. Wonder if they're long naturally?

Valued Contributor

It's pretty apparent that almost all the mascara models at the Q are using lash growth serums.  

Respected Contributor

I saw a young girl with heavy black eye liner at the supermarket the other day. The liner winged out and was almost to the end of eye brows! Like a heavy duty marker. Kind of strange..

Respected Contributor

Have a few young ladies in our extended family that glue on (badly) the fake lashes a mile long. They look ridiculous with half the lashes all wonky but that’s the ritual many young people experience. Heavy eyeliner, fake lashes, horrible orange/brown foundation, and exaggerated fashion are nothing new. What is different is that some fads may cause pain and $$$ to remove when regret sets in. Those fish lips, triple K boobs, and butt implants come to mind.

Honored Contributor

brows

I still don't understand the exaggerated brow.  You know, the ones that look like black electrical tape?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~