Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been noticing longer nails after a period of shorter nails.  I don't know how people do household chores with those daggers.

@Kachina624 

I always wonder how they wipe their own butt!

They have maids and BUTT-lers...LOL!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thank the heavens for short and square!

I'm happy you let us all know. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

My nails have been short since 2010.

Honored Contributor

Re: Noticing Shorter Nails

[ Edited ]

I once went on a vacation with a girlfriend who had THOSE nails.    I ended up helping her get dressed, doing her hair....practically being her personal maid.    Thank heaven she could brush her own teeth....

I bet her husband enjoyed HIS vacation "home alone".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor
@KingstonMom

You made me laugh out loud 🤣

I always thought that as well ! Or how could you possibly put contact lenses in your eyes ?! ....I would probably poke my eye out

Kudos ,to those who can wear them 👏 👍 🙌
Trusted Contributor

@TerryNJ  I have not been at the nail salon since the tail end of February 2020. I had made my next appointment for mid March which was in two weeks. And then, Covid hit in a really big way.Woman Sad

My nails were gels and mid longish. Nothing compared to how long I had them in the 80's and 90's though.Woman LOL 

I clipped my nails all down as the gels grew out. Now I keep them squared and short. The color lasts about two to three weeks. I'm satisfied how they look and doing them myself.

I don't mind the hosts having shorter nails. It's better than those press on daggers or the filth behind them. Barf. It just skeeves me out. Like get a nail brush and scrub your nails before going on air. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I couldn't agree more! I see they may be fun for Halloween, but who can beat refined, lady-like beauty?

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

Re: Noticing Shorter Nails

[ Edited ]

@KingstonMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been noticing longer nails after a period of shorter nails.  I don't know how people do household chores with those daggers.

@Kachina624 

@KingstonMom 

@Kachina624 

Sorry ladies, that is ridiculous!

I have long nails and wipe my butt with toilet paper just fine.

And I clean my own house, and I am typing a million strokes a minute here right now...just fine.

I'm Every bit a lady !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@KingstonMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

@KingstonMom 

@Kachina624 

Sorry ladies, that is ridiculous!

I have long nails and wipe my butt with toilet paper just fine.

And I clean my own house, and I am typing a million strokes a minute here right now...just fine.

I'm Every bit a lady !!!!

@RespectLife   exactly !  I too have long natural nails and do all my own housework, dishes , type , gardening , everything !  and yes can use TP 😉

TP just fine !,!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I loved the look of gel nails and wore them when I worked in my professional job.  Even then they were a bit of a hazard (like getting the edge hit my a tossed horse head!) in my "farm" personal life.  Now that I am pretty much retired, long nails just don't fit my lifestyle.  I like my shorter nails and keep them groomed and polished.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.