Respected Contributor

Re: Note to those selling skin care products in jars

I get small jars with samples in them.  I save them after the sample is gone.  I clean them out with rubbing alcohol and let them dry.  When I buy a larger jar of whatever, I take a clean spoon and transfer smaller amounts of the larger jar into the smaller jar and use it out of the sample jar.  When the sample jar is empty, I clean it again with rubbing alcohol and refill it. 

I do always wash my hands even when dipping into the sample jar.

Honored Contributor

I just can't believe what I am reading here. I have never heard of being so cautious over a jar of cream?? It's getting to the point of laughable! What do you think is going to happen? Is the cream going to go rancid? (smell it!) or lose its effictiveness? (why?) Do you think you'll get a pimple? (I NEVER have and I've been doing this since time outta mind!) If you want to do all this stuff because you're just that way about everything, well, then I guess you have to do what you have to do. I'm not making fun, really, but you are just making things hard for yourself when it's a simple thing. 

Respected Contributor

@Judaline Yes, I have acne prone skin and I never know exactly what causes them and I'm not going to take a chance with contaminated cream.

I also keep the bigger jars in the refrigerator so they don't go rancid and use out of the sample jars.

My method is not exactly hard to do, so I don't consider it a chore at all.  No biggy.