Re: Note to those selling skin care products in jars

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Carmie,you are correct!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

The dipping and dipping and dipping is both gross and hypnotic at the same time.  I just have to turn it off.

Respected Contributor

🎤🎹🎼Singing......La La La “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, beautiful day in the neighborhood”...............😂😂😂😂😂😂 Turn off the T.V., Computer, Cell Phone and go outside! Such nonsense......this topic is getting so so old. Tomorrow it will be Wen, the next day it will be something else.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The dipping of fingers doesn't bother me during a presentation, but in real life it bothers me a great deal.

You should always use a clean spatula to remove contents from a jar.  Every time  you touch the cream, you are depositing bacteria into the product.  Soon your jar is like a petri dish.

I prefer products sold in tubes.  It is much more sanitary and safe.

Aren't your fingers clean when you apply your cremes? I have just washed and scrubbed my face, and rinsed and rinsed. I feel perfectly fine to dip the pad of my finger in my creme. I much prefer a jar.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

The dipping of fingers doesn't bother me during a presentation, but in real life it bothers me a great deal.

You should always use a clean spatula to remove contents from a jar.  Every time  you touch the cream, you are depositing bacteria into the product.  Soon your jar is like a petri dish.

Aren't your fingers clean when you apply your cremes? I have just washed and scrubbed my face, and rinsed and rinsed. I feel perfectly fine to dip the pad of my finger in my creme. I much prefer a jar.

Yes! The most you are going to get from a jar cream is emolliency. I don't think that is going to lose its integrity.

Anyway, if I do use a jar, I usually use a spatula.

Valued Contributor

personally .,I like to see the consistency and I prefer to buy jars with a pump. You can always pump some out on tv to see the consistancy. Why don't these jars come with a pump!Its convenient and I have arthritis and drop jars and end up with it all over the floorI now transfer my skin creams into my own jar with a pump.These expensive skin creams should come with a jar and a pump. Or yes a tube , I prefer the jar with pump.

. cathy from ma

Esteemed Contributor

@twinkies wrote:

personally .,I like to see the consistency and I prefer to buy jars with a pump. You can always pump some out on tv to see the consistancy. Why don't these jars come with a pump!Its convenient and I have arthritis and drop jars and end up with it all over the floorI now transfer my skin creams into my own jar with a pump.These expensive skin creams should come with a jar and a pump. Or yes a tube , I prefer the jar with pump.

. cathy from ma

I prefer a pump as well. Or a tube.  Seems like they could provide and use a spatuala considering the price.

Honored Contributor

I'm just relieved they are using plastic instead of glass jars.  I once dropped a Perlier something or other on a tile floor and that was the end of that jar. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Judaline I do the same thing. Wash my hands before putting something on my clean face, between the various serums I might use for the day, and then after I am finished applying my skin care items. Don't understand why so many people are opposed to putting their fingers into a jar if your hands are clean. 

And the logic of letting air into the jar every time you take off the lid doesn't ring true to me either. Each time you open a tube and dispense some of the product or pump something out of a bottle, when you release the plunger and it goes back up, you are also letting air in.