Honored Contributor

Note to those selling skin care products in jars

Stop already w/ the finger up and down. Is not a good selling tactic-no matter what you are told!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: Note to those selling skin care products in jars

Since on the topic of cream! Josie, Thank you, TSV value amazing  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Stop already w/ the finger up and down. Is not a good selling tactic-no matter what you are told!

@Group 5 minus 1  Yes it’s been mentioned here many times. If a jar can’t be avoided, try transferring smaller amounts to a travel size container and use it from there so the larger size is not contaminated.

Honored Contributor

Why is this a problem when the jar will most likely be tossed out?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Note to those who complain over and over again about showing the consistency of the cremes to stop already with the clicking of the fingers on your keyboard posting such nonsense!!  How else can anyone see the consistency?  So many are just channel surfing so for anyone just tuning in it won't help them to know how rich and thick or runny the product is!  I have at times not purchased a creme because it seened to runny and I would not have known that had someone not kept dipping into the jar.  It's a great way to showcase a creme.   I guess everyone has some quirky thing that bugs them but to so vehemently object for no real reason is bizarre!!  Post away about it but it's strange!!  If everything that some here object to is eliminated - well there would just be the host and vendor standing there saying great product - try it and then silence!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

It's a very good selling tactic! I want to see the texture, or lack of, with the product I am considering buying. I want to know if it is light and fluffy or thick. I like that she turns her jars upside down so you can tell consistency, they don't run out or plop out.

She has won a lot of awards and makes a lot of money for QVC, so her method of showing her own product is obviously doing quite well.

It is not like she is going to put the lid back on and they are going to sell the product as new.

Respected Contributor

And every jar needs a safety seal.

Honored Contributor

giphy.gif

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I'm grossed out and fascinated at the same time. I always prefer tubes to jars, but there is really no other way to see the consistency of a product on television, other than finger dipping, imho

Honored Contributor

Many companies use tubes becuz tubes canot be refilled but jars can.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man