Honored Contributor

Note to beauty companies when you make samples

I know the tubes and jars are tiny, but can't you try to get some directions on the container?  Yes, I know I can go to the website on an unfamiliar item, but with a bunch of new samples, the questionable ones go to the bottom of the drawer and may never get used. I swore I wouldn't get on the sample bandwagon after the pandemic is over, but I've already bought two TILI boxes.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Note to beauty companies when you make samples

@depglass wrote:

I know the tubes and jars are tiny, but can't you try to get some directions on the container?  Yes, I know I can go to the website on an unfamiliar item, but with a bunch of new samples, the questionable ones go to the bottom of the drawer and may never get used. I swore I wouldn't get on the sample bandwagon after the pandemic is over, but I've already bought two TILI boxes.  

@depglass   I have an issue w/ skincare samples and usually refuse them when offered w/ purchases. There's no way to tell if a product will work for your skin when given only enough for a few times.

Honored Contributor

I love samples for taking with me on vacation. That is when I use all these types of products up.  The samples are generally the perfect size for a short getaway.  Over Memorial weekend I was able to use up a sample packette of moisturizer and eye cream.  Obviously I knew what to do with these as they were basics.  LOL

However, I too have gotten some smaller jars of serums, etc. and had no idea how I was supposed to use them or when.

Esteemed Contributor

I've decided that when I receive a sample that obviously does not contain enough product for one use, it's going straight in the garbage.  If the product is so precious that the company cannot spare enough for me to use it once, they can keep it.

This is often true of expensive foundations.  They give you enough to swipe a stripe of it on your face and that's it.  Given the markup on this stuff, they can definitely afford to spare one full application.  If they don't want to, I don't need it.  

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org