Respected Contributor

"Nowhere else can you find this price for the TSV"- REally tired of this sales tactic. Hosts say this constantly and it's simply not true. The TSV can be found elsewhere for a few dollars less and with free shipping!

When QVC had that bug zapper TSV a few weeks ago, it was cheaper elsewhere and had horrible reviews on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Where have you found it to be cheaper today?

Super Contributor

Re: Not true, Sandra (TSV)

[ Edited ]

Bonanza has this for $145. and free shipping.

Respected Contributor

But is that fair to compare a Ebay type site. Every regular retailer is $ 145

Respected Contributor

correction $245

Honored Contributor

I personally would not compare Ebay listings as the same since they usually always say it is the lowest price you can find "in retail".

The other thing is, I wonder if the vendors tell QVC that they are offering this special lowest price to them but QVC doesn't necessarily check to make sure that is accurate, and/or the vendor doesn't know that some of their retailers have discounted it or offered it at a sale price that meets or beats QVC's price? I sure hope they would not flat out knowlingly lie about things like that but who knows, it certainly is possible.

Respected Contributor

I think most of us are smart shoppers , especially spendin g this much on a styling iron. The last time this was a TSV , i checked around and it was the lowest price even with coupons. I do trust QVC in saying these things for legal reasons.

Honored Contributor

@bear wrote:

Bonanza has this for $145. and free shipping.

And you have no way of knowing if you are really getting the item promised or a counterfeit. Sites like ebay, Bonanza, and Amazon marketplace are loaded with counterfeit items. If you're paying $100 less for something that everyone else, guess what the odds are that you're getting a counterfeit? If you buy a real item from a legit dealer, you get a return policy and a warranty if the item breaks. If your counterfeit item breaks, there's no warranty, there's a "sorry, you didn't buy from a legit dealer and that's your problem" message.

You may get a deal, but you may get ripped off and sold a fake item. I'd rather spend more and get the item I'm expecting.