Super Contributor

Not liking the Cream Souffle and am Surprised I Don't

This is strange. I ordered the Philosophy 3 set of 1 Lg. 3 in 1 bath and 2 souffles. I just received them a little while ago by UPS and since I'd already had my shower I decided to just put the cream soufflé on. As I was applying it I thought it seemed much stronger than I remembered the Cream 3 in 1 bath, but thought maybe it was just me. I haven't used the cream scent in quite a while. I remembered really loving the smell of the bath 3 in 1 Cream but for some reason this to me smelled much stronger than I remembered. A little bit later my husband gave me a hug and told me I smelled just like "cotton candy"{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}, which is not a smell I like at all. He thought it was "cute", whatever in the world that means.

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a difference in the scent of the soufflé and the 3 in 1 bath. If there is a difference I might keep it just for the 3 in 1, but if they both smell the same I'm sending it back. I can for sure find someone in my family who might like the soufflé so it would not be a waste, but hate to open the 3 in 1 if it smells the same.

Thanks for your input.

Vicki

Honored Contributor

Re: Not liking the Cream Souffle and am Surprised I Don't

I love the Fresh Cream souffle, and do not consider it to be strong. Philosophy cannot seem to win for losing, either too strong or not strong enough. I am a FC devotee though, and love it in all the different offerings. My favorites are the souffle, lip gloss, and lip scrub, along with the body polish.
Super Contributor

Someone in the lab must love cotton candy - I thinking Falling in Love smells like cotton candy, too. Cloying almost to the point of headache inducing.
Super Contributor

Sent the Fresh Cream Bath and shower and souffle set back. Scent on both was not strong and smelled like marshmellows or very faint sweetened condensed milk-but not much of anything really for $70.00. Love the Summer Grace but I think it is discontinuedSmiley Sad

Super Contributor

Tissyanne I have always loved the Cream so was surprised at the scent of this one.

Molly isn't it funny how we all smell things differently. I don't notice the Falling in Love to smell like this cream.

Nikkimom you might be right about the marshmallow now that you mention it, but hubby insisted it was cotton candy which he loves, lol.

I think Pure Grace will always be my favorite.

Thank you all so much for your replies.

VickiSmile

Respected Contributor

On 12/29/2014 vickisok said:

This is strange. I ordered the Philosophy 3 set of 1 Lg. 3 in 1 bath and 2 souffles. I just received them a little while ago by UPS and since I'd already had my shower I decided to just put the cream soufflé on. As I was applying it I thought it seemed much stronger than I remembered the Cream 3 in 1 bath, but thought maybe it was just me. I haven't used the cream scent in quite a while. I remembered really loving the smell of the bath 3 in 1 Cream but for some reason this to me smelled much stronger than I remembered. A little bit later my husband gave me a hug and told me I smelled just like "cotton candy"{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}, which is not a smell I like at all. He thought it was "cute", whatever in the world that means.

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a difference in the scent of the soufflé and the 3 in 1 bath. If there is a difference I might keep it just for the 3 in 1, but if they both smell the same I'm sending it back. I can for sure find someone in my family who might like the soufflé so it would not be a waste, but hate to open the 3 in 1 if it smells the same.

Thanks for your input.

Vicki

Vicki, I just wanted to mention that the Fresh Cream items do smell different from each other. For example, the 3 in 1 smells more dairy-like, while the other Fresh Cream items have a more sweetened "yummy" scent (if that makes sense). I didn't buy this particular set, but I think once you open the 3 in 1, you'll probably find it to have the scent you've mentioned you've loved in the past. HTH!

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 i like celery said:

Thanks for your input.

Vicki

Vicki, I just wanted to mention that the Fresh Cream items do smell different from each other. For example, the 3 in 1 smells more dairy-like, while the other Fresh Cream items have a more sweetened "yummy" scent (if that makes sense). I didn't buy this particular set, but I think once you open the 3 in 1, you'll probably find it to have the scent you've mentioned you've loved in the past. HTH!

Oh thank you for letting me know this. I'll keep the set and give the soufflé to some in my family.

Sincerely

Vicki

Frequent Contributor

I have not ordered Philosophy products since the company was sold to Coty. My signature scent was ""Falling in Love"" for many years. While stationed in Afghanistan my son sent me a bottle of it . On the back of the large bottle it stated that it was made by Philosophy in Phoenix Arizona. Just this past Christmas he sent me another bottle that is made by coty. Of course he did not know the company was sold I will keep my wonderful gift but the scent is NOTHING like the real Falling in Love. It smells more like alcohol and wears off quickly.

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 pvtdevinmom said:

I have not ordered Philosophy products since the company was sold to Coty. My signature scent was "Falling in Love" for many years. While stationed in Afghanistan my son sent me a bottle of it . On the back of the large bottle it stated that it was made by Philosophy in Phoenix Arizona. Just this past Christmas he sent me another bottle that is made by coty. Of course he did not know the company was sold I will keep my wonderful gift but the scent is NOTHING like the real Falling in Love. It smells more like alcohol and wears off quickly.

For me, the Falling in Love offered by Philosophy is much better than when originally introduced. I am really enjoying mine, and have been buying it since it was first offered years ago.
Contributor

I find the 3 in 1 to be the lightest scent in the Fresh Cream family. I know what you mean about the soufflé though. It does smell a bit sweeter. I love it & put it on before bed. The body lotion & scrub smell amazing & not as sweet to me. I'm a Fresh Cream super fan lol!