Valued Contributor

Not crazy about the Jose Maran Unscented Whipped Body Butter

Going in to the winter I wanted to take better care of the rest of my skin and I ordered the supersize whipped body butter. It does have a weird slight scent which I could put up with but it feels sticky on my skin. I feel like I need to take a shower.

The reviews are great and state it is quickly absorbed but I am not finding that. My skin looks shiny which is evidence it is sitting on top of my skin.

Looks like this is going  back. Anyone else find this not as good as the reviews?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not crazy about the Jose Maran Unscented Whipped Body Butter

YES - Bought it once - could not get it to disappear and absorb - threw it in the trash.  I've also read some negative reviews like mine about her products.

Frequent Contributor

I also bought mine for the same reasons, cooler weather around the corner, dry skin, etc. After I applied a 'small' amount, and I really mean a 'small' amount before bedtime,I woke up around two in the morning and had to change my night shirt which was sticking to my arms. This product is nothing more than whipped argan oil with a scent. I felt so sticky and so uncomfortable that I got a washcloth and removed it from my arms, legs and neck. I don't know how Josie Maran can apply this product during the presentation over and over agian on her arms. Looks great but feels like someone poured a vat of oil all over me.

Returning this tomorrow. Bad choice for me.

Trusted Contributor

I might be in the minority but I love the unscented JM Body Butter. I don't like any scents and I don't smell anything when I apply this. I think it rubs in and don't have a problem at all. You don't need a lot. Actually my jars last me forever and I sometimes put it on my face as well. I love a lot of her products. 

Contributor

I really like Josie's Whipped Body Butters. I use them sparingly on damp skin and my skin really glows. I have an auto delivery on the 8 piece set and I use the unscented ones on my face. I used to get very dry chapped skin in the winter but Josie's butters really help. I also like the Naturewell Products that you can buy at Sam's Club. Really cheaper and work very well. I alternate with these and Josie's.

Honored Contributor

Many, many women on this board love her Josie's body butter.  I had a problem with one of her scents (it made me gag).  I don't why because that never happened before but I did have to send it back.  Price wise, I think I can do better with Origins but not 100% sure but they do have very nice scents.  However, they did discontinue one I really like with spearmint in it.  Never fails.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I tried these in the Sephora store and it never sank in my skin...just a small dab on the top of my hand.  Then I smelled the other scented ones...yuk...I didn't like any of them.  Some products work for me much better....I use CeraVe in the large tub....I have added some pure Argon Oil to it...mix in it and this works great all winter long.  I purchase the AO from ebay...much cheaper.  This will sink right in .....HTH

Honored Contributor

Nope. I love this product.  I go back and forth between the unscented and the vanilla scent.  I love both and I don't find them sticky at all.