Honored Contributor

Not My Usual July Nail Color!

Year after year my go-to July nail colors are Clambake by Essie  and Cajun Shrimp by OPI. This year I really changed it up. DD and I bought most of the Allure of the Deep collection from Live, Love, Polish. I wore Ocean Lies (turquoise with pink, green, and yellow shimmer) for the first part of the month, including the holiday weekend, and then Mercury's Tears (light navy with green nd pink shimmer) until tonight. 

So my next "not usual for me" color, that I just did tonight is Sandtrapped (sandy gold with holographic shimmer). I love it and can't wait to see it in the sunlight! And these polishes stay on me. The first color from this collection stayed on me three weeks. I first wore it in late June to match an outfit.  I intended to change for the July 4 holiday and didn't have time, so I never did! 

Anyway, here's a picture:  Smiley Happy

3BF2A3F3-71D7-4CA8-9DB7-D84734BA9B9D.jpeg

B2589185-7B9E-40D8-9014-54B195D792F9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Not My Usual July Nail Color!

@beach-mom 

Sounds like high praise for the brand! I would love to see the other two colors

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

This one looks beachy.  Looks like sand.  My bathroom remodel of 2007 is inspired by cruises we've taken to the Caribbean.  I LOVE this color you mentioned

Ocean Lies – Live Love Polish

And this one

Gosh, I may have to try nail polish again.  I thru all mine out when I decluttered a couple of months ago.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo and @monicakm - I really enjoy playing with nail colors! @monicakm  - your pictures of the colors are perfect, but I'm pretty light skinned, so they look more like this on me. Ocean Lies was more turquoise on me than the picture shows. The picture of Mercury's Tears is pretty close to how it looked on me, but I thought it had a periwinkle cast too. The colors change in and out of the light. This company is cruelty free and the colors are different! 

Ocean Lies

66A2441D-C5A9-4628-AD81-E642CBEFBD7B.jpeg

Mercury's Tears

ADD1D43E-DA19-4082-8FA4-BB8B789259F5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I'm going on the hunt for Ocean Lies Smiley Happy  I'm very light as well.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@beach-mom 

I'm going on the hunt for Ocean Lies Smiley Happy  I'm very light as well.  

@monicakm - They have a sale going on right now! For so many years I wore nothing but OPI and Essie. And I still like them. Then DD ordered one of Live, Laugh, Love's sets, and I use it more than she does! LOL! Firecracker is another favorite, as are some colors I got that are discontinued. They do have a lot to choose from!

She also got a set of neutrals from Olive and June as a gift. If you like creamy with no frost or shimmer that's the brand! She's not a fan of neutrals so I got that too. I've added to that collection too! 

My two new favorites!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

How many coats did it take to get your look (Ocean Lies)?  Watched a YT vid.  Looked like they applied 4 coats of polish.  I'm assuming I need a base coat and a topper.  So, six coats?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@beach-mom 

How many coats did it take to get your look (Ocean Lies)?  Watched a YT vid.  Looked like they applied 4 coats of polish.  I'm assuming I need a base coat and a topper.  So, six coats?

@monicakm - I do one clear base coat, Essie; two coats of the polish; and one top coat, Olive and June. I don't use gloves on my hands in water, etc. and I don't "baby" them. It works for me!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   After reading your descriptions and looking at the colors you choose, I think you would be in love with Pacifica nail colors....take a look.

Trusted Contributor

So pretty!  I really like the Ocean Lies!  Now I need to go check those out........ Smiley Happy