Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nordstrom mascara sale Nov 4

While there are some excellent mascaras on the market, I really couldn't in good conscious personally recommend anything other than Lancome.  Definicils is a good place to start with Lancome.  If you want something with more oomph and drama step up to Hypnose. Hypnose is amazing in brown because it's gives such length and thickness to the lashes, but the brown is softer than black.  

@lavendar Thanks for letting us know of the sale.  I'll mosey over to Nordstrom and pick up a Definicils, Hypnose and Grandiose (which I can get in blue).  

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love Lancome's Monsieur Big Mascara. One coat makes my lashes look so full and yet soft, not crunchy, two coats and they are wow lashes, but not spidery looking.

Someone told me it was hard to remove, but I have no problem removing it with either Purity or Bi Facil....

I love this mascara! Lancome makes the best mascaras, I have tried many many others, but always end up coming back to Lancome.....

Valued Contributor

This will be the third year in a row I've skipped Mascara Madness. Nordstrom's has 4 pages of mascara, but less than a dozen are brown. I don't care what makeup artists say. I don't care what beauty counters say. I don't give a fig what the cosmetics industry says. I want my brown mascara!

Respected Contributor

I used to use black mascara; until I saw a photo. It looked so harsh and fake. I have blond lashes and brows. I'm seventy three and spend a lot of time making up. That's because I take more time looking natural.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar,   I use Origins Fringe Benefits and it the best I have found.  I believe it is $19.50.  It is NOT dry like Clinique.  I believe Origins is having free shipping now for the holidays and may have discounts too.  Check it out.  I don't care for buy 2 and get one free because that third one won't be used for one year.  That's how I feel.  Also you can check out Estee Lauder as they have excellent mascaras and offer brown in certain mascaras.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I really am religous about mascara; I pitch it after three months. Shelf life is longer. I will check and make sure they are sealed. But that is a good point. 

Years ago when I wore Clinique I'd stock up when they had "gift with purchase," I was shocked at how long the shelf was: two years.

When Dior did a wonderful brown I bought three at once at the Nordstrom sale. When I find my holy grail brown I'll do it again.

So many browns read black on my lashes. 

Valued Contributor

Estee Lauder doesn't seem to offer brown mascara anymore - even on their own site. Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer the black/brown combo but had to settle for black. Oh well.

Valued Contributor

Thanks to the OP.  Just ordered my Lancôme Doll which I tried last time Nordie's had a mascara special.  Love it