Respected Contributor

Re: Nordstrom anniversary sale

The Zella yoga pants I bought at the anniv sale are not on sale now. Hard to generalize
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/29/2014 vaccinia said:
On 8/29/2014 olive59 said: hey there! check out my thread on the fashion board! experienced the same thing! I pushed for a price adjustment but it really took some effort. This is a new practice for Nordstrom - they never used to have seasonal sales other than their anniversary and half yearly. They always had great mark downs during those sales and then the prices always went back up. the only time you would see something go on sale is if it's on the marked down sale rack or it goes to the Rack.. They've never had an advertised seasonal sale where they mark down the same items even further! I have never experienced this from Nordstrom and I guess that's why I was so taken aback by it. They've never played pricing games like most other stores do. I guess the economy is affecting them as well and they need to promote sales as much as possible. Kind of sad but I understand their need. What this translates out to for me is that I'm less likely to buy at the Anniversary & half yearly sales and more likely to wait for other sales for more deep discounts. I actually had to go to a store manager to get a price adjustment. Some here thought I shouldn't have pursued it for such a small savings but it was more the principle and letting them know that consumers may not be happy with this new practice. If nothing is said they won't know right?

I totally agree. I e-mailed them this morning and within two hours, they replied that they were giving me a credit. Good thing, because I was ready to pack up the coat and return it and just buy it again at the new price (it is still available at my store).

This is not like Nordstrom. I suspect they're getting a lot of complaints. I doubt I will purchase from the Anniversary Sale next year, knowing that many of the items will be marked down again a few weeks later.

I agree about it being the principle. Call it what it is and I have no problem with it, but don't tell me this is a sale for a limited time and then the price will go up.

Honored Contributor

On 8/29/2014 vaccinia said:

I've never seen Nordstrom put items on clearance so quickly after they were in the Anniversary Sale. There's a pair of boots I considered buying during the sale that are now on clearance at a significantly lower price. Glad I didn't buy.

Wow-neither have I seen them do this-wonder if they didn't reach expected volume of transactions during the anniversary sale. If they accept returns for a 90 day period, they should match any price reduction during the same time. My items were not reduced-lysse and zella leggings, plus some items from brass plum department. Thx again for posting!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I just checked what I bought at the Anniversary Sale and nothing is on clearance but I would be upset if it was. Ruins the trust!

Super Contributor

There's actually a Nike tank I bought that's about a dollar cheaper now than the anniversary sale, but it's not worth fussing over. I'd be a little miffed though if I'd ordered more clothing this year. This could end up back-firing on them next year if people think things will be more heavily discounted in a month they won't shop the sale at all. I have found in past years several items from the anniv. sale get marked down to the anniv. sale price usually sometime in Sept. but this is really odd.

Super Contributor

Just checked. Nothing that I ordered has dropped in price.

Respected Contributor

There's waaaay more on sale with this clearance sale (3,086 shoes). If there are a few overlaps in items, so be it. I love this clearance sale, so much on sale.
Trusted Contributor

The reduction in price thing has happened to me before. This isn 't the first year Nordies has done it. Over the years I've learned what to buy and what not to buy. I never buy Kors,Kate Spade,Bittar, or even Dooney. They almost always go on sale near Labor Day. The brands I do buy are NYDJ,Frye, any makeup, and some others I can't think of right now. However,I have never had Nordies give me a hard time if I ask for a credit. I guess I've shopped there long enough? Just my observations over the years.
Frequent Contributor

I didn't realize anniversary items would go to clearance in that short a time frame. I believed that anniversary items were new items that you buy well in advance of next season at a much lower price. Thanks for the head's up -- and 100000% agree that customers should ask for price adjustments!