Super Contributor

Nordstrom Rack opening tomorrow, questions

A Nordstrom Rack is opening where I live tomorrow. Can anyone suggest the really good areas to shop in the store for some good bargains? Are the items in the store things that didn't sell in a regular Nordstrom's? Do they ever have sales?

Thanks, Tami

Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Rack opening tomorrow, questions

are you referring to the one in Mercer Mall in Princeton - I was there yesterday - they had a preview my friend got invited to

The store is beautiful - really big

I am plus size and I got 3 really nice tops for $9.97 from the clearance rack

I have to go back and browse the store again

Honored Contributor

Meh, OK for shoes, not much else calls to me, your opnion my differ.

They don't discount much

Honored Contributor

Just go in and look around. There are bargains to be had but to find things you really like may take some searching. I also like their makeup and bath and body section as I often find really good deals there. I don't go there alot because I could spend hours looking but only find an item or two I really want and they are still on the expensive side so it isn't a good use of my time. I wish I was interested in the items that were pretty cheap but the things that attract my eye always end up being pricey so for me it isn't a huge savings.

Super Contributor

I think the quality of Nordstrom Rack depends alot on where it is...when I lived in SoCal, I found great jewelry deals (i.e. Michael Kors watches; Alexis Bittar jewelery; Judith Jack jewelry) - also shoes, NYDJ, and various tops.

We just moved to Henderson NV and I was not impressed with the Nordie Rack I went to here...but like with any discount/off price store, sometimes you have to go several times before you score!!

Super Contributor

Oh and they do have sales sometimes...like 25% off the lowest price...and they also give you points for your purchases just like regular Nordstrom. sometimes double or triple points...

Trusted Contributor

Not applicable right now, but the Rack pretty much always has a clearance sale every holiday weekend with 25% off clearance merchandise. Once or twice a year it's 30% off.

I always like checking out the handbags.

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 ckr1147 said:

Oh and they do have sales sometimes...like 25% off the lowest price...and they also give you points for your purchases just like regular Nordstrom. sometimes double or triple points...

oh yeah and sometimes around the holidays I get $$ off coupons like $25 off any item. It is odd since I hardly ever shop there but hey, I'll take it!

Super Contributor

You must live near me..can't wait to go there...

Regular Contributor

It all depends on the shipments that have arrived. Some shipments are unsold and returned merchandise from the stores, some are made just for the outlet. You can really get great deals on Columbia and North Face sportswear, dresses, and intimates. Wacoal, Natori and Calvin Klein are generally half off.

Go to the store early if you want to look at shoes. Sales personnel straighten out the shoe racks early in the a.m. By 11:00 am the area is a total mess.

There are terrific buys on designer pieces--I once tried on a jacket for $1300+ marked down into the mid $200s. Too bad it did not fit.

Have fun.