Honored Contributor

Didn't anyone go?  Any new makeup?  I've watched 4 YT videos from beauty influencers that went.  I've never been there.  The closest one would be in Dallas.  Show us your loot! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Anniversy Sale

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   I didn't physically go to Nordstrom for the sale. It's always so crowed and Fri. was MY day to shop and I was watching the GGs.

I had put several things in my cart: Kiehl's huge Fuel (?) Cleanser (for DH) and some clothing items. The clothing sold out in my size when I went to order it. 

I had some "almosts" with the Trish Planner (but the shadows were in the brown family and I already had a backup of the lid primer and 'Eyelift"), the Bobbi Brown shadow set (have so much BB) and wanted the MAC LIP SET, but shades too light in the neutral. I did order the Trish lipstick separately even though it wasn't on sale. It's a pretty pinky nude. 

What did you purchase...guess online?

Regular Contributor

The sale is currently just open to card holders. It doesn't open up to everyone else until July 28th.

Honored Contributor

@apl_pi14 wrote:

The sale is currently just open to card holders. It doesn't open up to everyone else until July 28th.

@apl_pi14   My unpopular opinion on that tier program is because most is sold out by the time it gets to my date and cetainly by the end of July. You had to have spent many  thousands  pf dollars before being "first up" to purchase. 

Regular Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@apl_pi14 wrote:

@apl_pi14   My unpopular opinion on that tier program is because most is sold out by the time it gets to my date and cetainly by the end of July. You had to have spent many  thousands  pf dollars before being "first up" to purchase. 

@Shanus I agree. I'm an 'influencer' level and several of the items I had in my wish list were already sold out. They'll become available again the day after the sale

Spoiler
Woman Sad
Honored Contributor

@apl_pi14 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@apl_pi14 wrote:

@Shanus I agree. I'm an 'influencer' level and several of the items I had in my wish list were already sold out. They'll become available again the day after the sale

Spoiler
Woman Sad

@ Yes, back to retail price!!!

Honored Contributor

i bought estee lauder eye creme set of 3 or 4. then i just got a $10 nordys note in the mail---

Honored Contributor

Before Internet shopping came along, I dressed to go to work.  Then I never missed Nordstrom's sale.  I had their credit card which offered early access and free parking -  long ago, but I believe a valet was involved.

At any rate -  it was part of a big shopping day in an area at least a 45 minite drivd, but with lots of good shopping at Nordstrom and its many neighbors.

I've nearly given up on Nordstrom now even though they have brick and mortar right near me.  Even before the pandemic. I was finding less and less on site and since I have even less interest in ordering and returning even though it's not an extra cost, I have spent less over the last 6 years than I once spent every month!

I do believe a good part of that is that I am no longer part of their target customer.  One more part of aging no one ever warned about! 

Respected Contributor

I didn't order any makeup! I know! I am shocked, too. LOL

I reordered my Revitalash duo & I ordered the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid.

I haven't tried the PC BHA, so we will see about that.

They have the BB & LM shadow sticks sets, that are a good buy, but I own the colors they are offereng.

I love the Mac View From The Top sets, but I own so much Mac that I am sure I have colors close & I don't use powder eye shadow that much anymore. 

Although....just the mascara (Which I do use.) & the eyeliners (Teddy with the light set. Prunella with the medium set.) would be $44, so the palette is only $1....you are right! I should buy them both!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Before Internet shopping came along, I dressed to go to work.  Then I never missed Nordstrom's sale.  I had their credit card which offered early access and free parking -  long ago, but I believe a valet was involved.

At any rate -  it was part of a big shopping day in an area at least a 45 minite drivd, but with lots of good shopping at Nordstrom and its many neighbors.

I've nearly given up on Nordstrom now even though they have brick and mortar right near me.  Even before the pandemic. I was finding less and less on site and since I have even less interest in ordering and returning even though it's not an extra cost, I have spent less over the last 6 years than I once spent every month!

I do believe a good part of that is that I am no longer part of their target customer.  One more part of aging no one ever warned about! 

The store close to me gets dowdier and duller every time I go I don't know who their customers are