Honored Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: Buying any Beauty Items?

[ Edited ]

I was in the parking lot on Friday when the store opened. I only did a little “damage” on the first floor: Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillowtalk Lip Set, MAC Cool Shadow Face Palette, set of 2 beauty blenders w/ sparkly holder, 32 oz. size of Kiehl’s Creme de Corps (always look for for that at the sales) & Kiehl’s 32 oz. face wash for dh. Walked away from all Bobbi Brown and expensive kits from Tom Ford, etc. 

My skincare is not carried in dept. stores, have more than enough shoes and nothing exciting in clothing. Did love my crabmeat salad at the Cafe before getting home by 2. 

Went online and nothing there I felt I missed. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, not going to buy any of the Nordstrom Anniversary beauty items. I looked through Nordstrom's U.S. website and I see Luxie brush sets that I currently see at Winners in Canada for a lot less. (I am not into pink handled makeup brushes) and I notice there are no Sigma makeup brush sets in the anniversary sale.

Given that the only asian skincare brand I see on Nordstrom's website is the overpriced Sulwhasoo line, there's no chance I am interested at all in Nordstrom's beauty products. Japanese and Korean skin care products don't have to cost a fortune and I'd rather scroll through the Asian Beauty reddit or the Canadian beauty reddit to see what bargains people are finding in Canada.

I am also not interested in the Charlotte Tilbury lip trio as I almost never use lip liner, I don't like the matte formula of the Pillow Talk lipstick after looking at it and swatching it in store, and I am not interested in the lip gloss. I'd rather check out the newest version of Pillow Talk in the Superstar version which is a shimmer lipstick and I can buy that at Sephora in Canada or I may wait until my next visit to Las Vegas in the fall to get it as the Sephora at the Miracle Mile mall (at Planet Hollywood) on the strip now carries Charlotte Tilbury makeup.

Respected Contributor

I went back to purchase the Bobbi Brown set of 2 full-size lip balms - one is a light nude, and one is a light pink.  I have very thin lips and regular lipstick seems to not do me any favors.  I was thinking about the Nars set but they are mini's and the reviews on Sephora said they didn't contain much product.  I like that the BB's are full-size and were reviewed favorably on Sephora and some other websites.

I also purchased the Stila set of 3 liquid eye shadows.  Again the colors seem to be pretty neutral yet glossy.  Hopefully they'll go on quick n easy.  That's it.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Regular Contributor

I bought the Beauty Blender set which was a great deal-2 sponges and a great case to keep them in for $35. One sponge is $20.  It's the only way I'll apply my make-up now. The case will be perfect for keeping the used one in and for my trip next year. I also bought a bottle of Prada cologne for my husband that was a great deal. It was sold out the first presale day, so I had to order it. Other than those things, I didn't see anything else that caught my eye. Any make-up sets  were not colors for me.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only purchased Philosophy Animal Cracker shower gel because Nordstrom's emailed me a $10 note, so it only cost me $9.00 for the 16 oz. size.  Very disappointed this year.

Super Contributor

I bought the duo of the paulas choice perfecting bha liquid and the big bobbi brown make up kit.

Honored Contributor

I found a beautiful long wool coat that is beautiful, but haven't been able to add it to cart as of yet.....I need to think about it for a bit anyway as it is expensive!