Respected Contributor

Non Toxic Hair Spray Suggestions

[ Edited ]

Does anyone use a nontoxic hairspray that really holds hair?  I have tried two of them and they did not hold my hair at all.

I tried a couple from the health food store and they didnt really hold my hair for more than a few hours.

Hope you can help. Cat Embarassed

As someone with allergies, asthma and sensitive to chemicals, it is not always easy to find products that are free of harsh chemicals and non toxic that work!

Valued Contributor

Re: Non Toxic Hair Spray Suggestions

i dont really know if there is any toxic things inside sprays if it is how they are selling in market.

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear  I don't know how toxic it is, but if you want your hair to be held in place use Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Spritz &  Stay Hold Fast Dry Non-Aerosol Hairspray.

I love this stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear 

Chaz Dean/ WEN "Finishing Spray" hair spray has earned the "Leaping Bunny" seal.

WEN hair spray is buildable.

Stop at soft hold, or build up to 'helmet head' if you prefer.

Honored Contributor

If you don't use a gel or something similar when you dry your hair, your spray alone may not be able to hold your hair in a style.

Regular Contributor

Have you tried John Masters Organics hair spray? It's the most nontoxic I can find that actually works. I also like that it's a pump rather than aerosol spray. You can try a small bottle for $9 at his website and I think shipping is free.