Honored Contributor

I've used this one, it's reasonably priced...16oz for around $7.

JAS-02013-5.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nightowlz,

Oh did not realize they stopped carrying the antibac soaps. I don't use antibac soaps. I think they can be drying.

@SilleeMee B&BW had Triclosan in it. I was buying the anti-bacterial moisturizing hand washes.

There are indications that certain ingredients in these soaps may contribute to bacterial resistance to antibiotics, and may have unanticipated hormonal effects that are of concern to FDA.
Honored Contributor

We don't use anti-bac soaps in our home. DH would never let us. I was disappointed years ago when BBW went to those and nothing else. 

A good moisturizing hand soap is Yardley of London English Lavender. I can find it only at Walmart. But when they have it in, I stock up! The price is great too! 

Otherwise, I use BBW hand soaps that are not anti-bac! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I use Dr. Bronner's soap as there are liquid or bar soaps in different scents.  I've used it for many years as I have dry skin.  

In the winter my skin usually gets drier, but I have no problem whatsoever using Dr. Bronner's soap. 

I buy it from my grocery or drug store and it can be ordered online. 

Dr. Bronner's Soap

@Sunshine Kate I have used Dr. Bonner's in the shower. I have never used it as a daily hand wash. I did see online where some people add some to one of those foaming hand wash bottles & add water. Guess I need to at least give it a try.

Sunshine - this works great.  Best idea I ever tried!  

Take a old foaming hand soap bottle

add about 1/2 inch of soap to the bottom - amount is trial and error

Fill with COLD water (warm/hot water will create too many suds)

I started doing this after I bought Dr B almond scent and did not like it in the shower. Obviously I did not want to waste it so......hand soap.

I even mix scents now.  Rose and almond are lovely.

This is a real $avings. and has saved my hands!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

We don't use anti-bac soaps in our home. DH would never let us. I was disappointed years ago when BBW went to those and nothing else. 

A good moisturizing hand soap is Yardley of London English Lavender. I can find it only at Walmart. But when they have it in, I stock up! The price is great too! 

Otherwise, I use BBW hand soaps that are not anti-bac! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom I like the Yardley Oatmeal bar soap. They have it & the lavender at Dollar Tree here for $1 per bar. You can order a case online for $24 for 24 bars & have it shipped free to their store for pick up.

They used to carry a liquid hand wash when they first opened in our area that I really liked. They don't carry it anymore & don't remember the name of it.

Valued Contributor

I use Olivella liquid soap.  You can buy it on Amazon.  I dilute half and half with water.  It is the only soap/handwash that doesn't dry my hands.  Olive oil is naturally antiseptic, too.

Valued Contributor

I found several types of hand wash by a company called Deep Steep at TJ Maxx and Marshall's.  You can Google Deep Steep and find it at various websites with various prices.  It is $4.99 - $5.99 per 17.6 oz of liquid hand soap at the TJ Maxx and Marshall's locations near me.  I get eczema on my hands very easily due to sensitivities to many ingredients, and I've had zero problems with this brand.  It really moisturizes my skin.  I love it!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@beach-mom I like the Yardley Oatmeal bar soap. They have it & the lavender at Dollar Tree here for $1 per bar. You can order a case online for $24 for 24 bars & have it shipped free to their store for pick up.

They used to carry a liquid hand wash when they first opened in our area that I really liked. They don't carry it anymore & don't remember the name of it.

@Nightowlz - I've tried the oatmeal, but I really like the lavender. That's what my mom always used. Thanks for the info about ordering online. I'm going to get a case of it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Olivella-

I have these, from Pampered Chef (discontinued) that I use-

Pampered Chef Suds Pump 2517 Soap Dispenser With Extra Pump Lid Discontinued

And I also use this-

@athenian

Frequent Contributor

I make my own with old foaming hand soap dispensers and Dr. Bronner's.  I use 2-3 tablespoons of soap to 1 cup of water.  Cherry Blossom and Unscented are the most moisturizing in my opinion, but you could always add glycerin or almond oil to add a more moisturizing effect.  This has really cut down on our hands being so dry they crack, and we wash our hands A LOT due to pottytraining our son.