Respected Contributor

Re: No wonder print magazines are dying

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

I used to love getting Vogue, but dropped my subscription when they began to sell more than fashion and style. 

Yes.  I know what you mean.  Pretty sickening.  I dropped all magazine subs long ago because they started lacking in useful information.  I was recently in a waiting room and there were a stack of fashion magazines.  I flipped through them, and was just shaking my head laughing at how ridiculous the fashion pics were.  Great for Halloween costumes, but not my idea of fashionable clothing.  I would never support any of these magazines that basically make women look like fools.  With fashion pics and mindless information.

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Like a lot of you, I prefer print and still subscribe to a few.

I was a charter subscriber to Allure. I cancelled it when they REPLACED Linda Wells!

These beauty "influencers" are all over the place and have a lot of power within the beauty industry. It amazes me that a young girl, with no training, can go on YouTube from her bedroom and end up making money and getting free makeup! 

@beach-mom  Totally agree with you about Linda Wells - she had class.  Also, last year I told myself that if the next issue of Allure contained foul language (a situation that arose when the new editor took over), I would stop buying it.  It did, and I stopped.  That may not bother some people, but it does bother me.  

Trusted Contributor

I used to suscribe to tons of magazines but when they started going under and out of business I narrowed it down to just 3.  I prefer reading books anyway.