Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:
Jamie Lee Curtis looks like she hasn’t done much for her skin at all. That picture of her on the proofed thread could pass for someone 20 years older. She looks way older than 59.

Yes she does but she does admit that her prior substance abuse did harm her overall health.

Respected Contributor

She is on right now , and her forehead is very smooth , as opposed for the last year where she had the wrinkles , i think she said do just enough to look natural ,which it does. i remember when Christina from Philosophy told about getting a small amount around the crows feet , which i found refreshingly honest. There is one very attractive blonde host on HSN her forehead makes her look like part alien. I think it is getting the right doctor and knowing how much to do. Like i said if this was someone that wasn't a skincare vendor i wouldn't even have made the observation , in no way is this a slam , iam always interested in small tweaks that make a difference withoiut looking fake.

Honored Contributor

IMO it isn't from her products or anyone elses!  Beauty products aren't the answer -- I mean they "help", but, really no way!

In fact, I know a 30 going on 31 (oh so old) she has botox done because you've got to start young!!!  A beautiful girl but has a few wrinkles on her forehead, small lip lines & "11" in between her eyes.

She has it done in her dermatologist office.  All the stylists at my salon have it done ... seems to be the norm.

Gee, I wish I had started then!!! To each their own right?  

I will say Josie is a beautiful woman!  I never heard of her until she started selling this "argan oil" craze on Q and now it can be found everywhere in every product!

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I would think she wouldn't need botox already since she is only 40 years old.  But, if she did have it, she should share this with her customers.  It wouldn't be fair to claim that her skin looks like it does because of her products if that is not true.  

I think almost all of the women vendors of wrinkle creams, potions and lotions on Q have had work done and do not care to share that fact with the women they are trying to sell their miracle to. They use the $ they make to pay for the "miraculous results" of their (amazing) products. Why the heck would they disclose the "miracle" that really produced the great results? Where's the fun in that? 

Valued Contributor

Re: No shade to Josie but ,

[ Edited ]

@silkyk  Your post reminds me of a youtube video I saw by Live Young Lifestyle called Two Faced Hollywood's Plastic Surgery Secrets. She talks to her plastic surgeon about how the actreses and some actors have their plastic surgery at a relatively young age so that their fans think they are aging naturally. This surgeon has operated on many famous people. One point she made is that they lie to the public, and some of them are on late night tv selling creams and potions. She said that is how they are able to look so youthful for a longer time.

This Beverly Hills surgeon has a technique where you can't see the scars, so his clients are able to put their hair up.

In another video where she interviewed Dr. Obagi, she said that some of the clients that go to him will turn around and sell other brands of skincare to the public. The perception being that they use the skincare they are selling.

Honored Contributor

My sister used to work for a Dermatologist and she said young women in their early 30's were coming in for Botox-the earlier the better they say!

Occasional Contributor

I noticed her smooth forehead right away. She looked different.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy her skin care so it doesn't matter to me what she does with her skin. I have noticed the lines in her forehead though.

Respected Contributor

I would say that is how people should look if they have had botox , not overdone and  unnatural , if i hadn't seen her before , i would never think she has done anything , also she could have professional microdermabrasion done possibly. I know we shouldn't speculate about people , but i find all kinds of beauty intriguing.

Honored Contributor

Re: No shade to Josie but ,

[ Edited ]

I used to have those horizontal lines on my forehead. But since I have been dermarolling those lines are completely gone. My forehead is smooth with no lines at all and I don't have fillers or Botox. This can also be achieved with laser treatments. But it's not an instant thing and may take several visits.