Respected Contributor

No more nail polish

[ Edited ]

I have decided that I no longer want to use chemicals on my nails (nail polish/nail polish remover). I do, however, want to keep them looking shiny. Nail buffer? Suggestions welcome.

Edited to add that I am aware that there are nail polishes available that are supposedly not harmful. I just don't want the hassle of continually doing my nails all the time other than maybe buffing.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Re: No more nail polish

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer 

You may want to look at 4 sided nail buffers. 

Respected Contributor

I stopped wearing it years ago, and my nails have been better, stronger, grow well.  I'll try a buffer.  Never thought of that.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure that I can give up nail polish or my weekly manicures.I enjoy the way my nails look after they are polished. 

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer 

Beekman has a 3 piece manicure set with a glass nail file that shines one’s nails. HSN has it and you can watch a video to see if you want to try it.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear polish. I use this Emjoi device to do my nails. I think it works really well for me especially because I have dexterity issues with my hands. This makes it easier to do my nails...files, smooths and shines them.

Emjoi Micro-Mani Nail Polisher with Smooth and Shine Rollers (Pink) - $20 Amazon

81D4WLFGyPL._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_ (1).webp

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@catwhisperer 

Beekman has a 3 piece manicure set with a glass nail file that shines one’s nails. HSN has it and you can watch a video to see if you want to try it.

@willdob3...I can 't find it.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

For several years I have started to take a winter break from manicures (skip them Jan-May).  Helps my budget and my nails are stronger.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@catwhisperer 

@willdob3...I can 't find it.

@catwhisperer 

It is item 678-183 on HSN. It is currently sold out but you can still read about it and watch the video.

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I have decided that I no longer want to use chemicals on my nails (nail polish/nail polish remover). I do, however, want to keep them looking shiny. Nail buffer? Suggestions welcome.

Edited to add that I am aware that there are nail polishes available that are supposedly not harmful. I just don't want the hassle of continually doing my nails all the time other than maybe buffing.

@catwhisperer  I gave up the chemicals years ago.  The best thing I have found... and will never be without is a chamois buffer from Sally Beauty.  It comes with an attached handle and does a great job polishing natural nails.  They seem to be popular and sell out quickly...so stock up if you decide to try this.