Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

All I got to say is the day I drop dead I hope it’s after I’ve touched up my lipstick, not right before. ❤️❤️❤️ 💄💄 💄!

@SurferWife  Your comment reminded me of something I haven't thought about in ages.

My aunt was in assisted living.  They called and told my cousin that she had  passed away and they found her at her vanity, putting on her lipstick.  She was putting 'on her face' to go to the dining room for lunch.

Knowing my aunt, I can just picture that   What a great way to go, I can only hope it's hereditary!

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 

What a touching story. Thank you for sharing it. ❤️

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife   Of course, thank you for reminding me.

Honored Contributor

I like a more natural lip color as I've gotten older.  I find that the really bold colors I used to enjoy - I just don't feel comfortable in them any longer!  

I can't wear darker lip glosses because they bleed on my lips now.  But lighter ones are o.k. although they end up looking more like clear gloss on me!

Right not I am having more luck with the Joah matte lipsticks.  They are not quite as dry as other mattes and do not bleed!  

I'd prefer a more moist lipstick or gloss but the bleeding or feathering is an issue.

Glad you found what works for you!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I had been wearing tinted lipgloss from Avon for a couple of years.  I had four of them and just got down to the bottom of the last one.  

When I ran out ... I tried to go back to lipstick that I used before, and just didn't like how it looks. I guess I got used to the more "natural" look of the lipgloss.  I still have a good bit of natural color to my lips. 

Avon no longer carries what I had been using, so I bought some glosses from CVS, Walgreen's and some new Avon glosses to try out.  Really pleased with all of them.  These newer glosses aren't as shiny as they used to be.  

So ... I guess it will be bye-bye to lipstick for me.

@ALRATIBA   Gloss alone doesn’t stay on me long enough. I have to “anchor” it w/ a lip pencil the same shade as my lips and fill them in first. Another option I like is Burt’s Bees colored lip balms...stay on longer, transparent shine and subtle color.  

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Have you tried Burt's Bee's? That's all I use now.

@jeanlake   I love it...used the one without color for awhile first. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

OP,  You might like the natural look of Bobbi Brown.

@ECBG   Hi. I think BB has a “nourishing” formulation.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

OP,  You might like the natural look of Bobbi Brown.

@ECBG   Hi. I think BB has a “nourishing” formulation.

@Shanus I dont know.  I've gone "bonkers" over that syrum foundation. Absolutely perfect color and it's silk in a bottle!Smiley Happy

Contributor

i tried many the Lancome lasts hours

Trusted Contributor

Love, love a good lipgloss.  I still have a few lipsticks and use them every now and then.