Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

When I went to my 50th reunion most of the women had gone attractively gray.

Such a beautiful way to put it - "had gone attractively gray."  cute kitty with big eyes smiley

Honored Contributor

That would have been front page news.  When I look at most mature women that continue to color their hair, I see dryness.  Sometimes I think a wig would be better than coloring your hair for so many years.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Anyone think that we will ever stop making jabs at those who color their hair or those who go gray?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

That would have been front page news.  When I look at most mature women that continue to color their hair, I see dryness.  Sometimes I think a wig would be better than coloring your hair for so many years.

You OBVIOUSLY have gray hair. You go girl!!!

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I recently asked my hairdresser if she had many women stop the color and go gray.  She said - yes a few, but none that stuck with it.  LOL  Color is just too easy!  And fun!  This is a regular conversation with my friends.  Most of us do the color.

I don’t find it to be a problem to get my roots colored every six weeks or so.  I need a trim at this time, anyway. 

I enjoy this “me” time. Love my long time stylist, and like chatting with the other ladies (and some guys) while I’m there. 

Trusted Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

How come no one gives me a "you go girl" because I color??!!

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Phantom41, just a heads up: @manhattan1950 was being her good ol' sarcastic self. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

No supplement, no pill is going to make you no longer grey. Sorry, but, save your money.

@SeaMaiden

I agree with SeaMaiden.  It all just sounds like snake oil in a pill.

This is so much more true for those of us who inherited "the gene."  I was 90% white at 32.  No pill is going to turn that around.  No way.

(Finally stopped coloring my own hair.  Wish I could afford to have it professionally done at a salon, but cannot since am now retired.  So...I grudginly have white hair cut just below the ears and 6 months ago put a 1-1/2" purple streak on the longer left side.  Get loads and loads of compliments on that streak, from men and women.)

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Phantom41, just a heads up: @manhattan1950was being her good ol' sarcastic self. :-)

Typical for her. BEST to ignore.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky