Contributor
This is probably old news, but I just read that AFFA was being discontinued and replaced with Formula 15. Is it the same thing? I have used AFFA for almost 10 years and I'm afraid my face is going to fall without it. Can you tell me anything about the effectiveness of the Formula 15? Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Re: No more AFFA? What to do?

Formula 15 is said to be the reformulated AFFA. It is said to be more potent and contains higher levels of DMAE and ALA than AFFA. I found it to be harsh on my sensitive skin. When I contacted CS, I was advised not to use after exfoliation. At that time I was using Dr. Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel Pads in the AM. Ingredient decks below...

Formula 15 Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethyl MEA, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tyrosine, Glycolic Acid, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Urea, Ceteareth-20, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Phosphatidylcholine, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxylated Lecithin, BHT, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Acetyl Tyrosine, Disodium EDTA, Pyridoxine HCl, Zinc Sulfate, Pantethine, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Copper Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral

Advanced Face Firming Activator Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, L-Tyrosine, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Isopropyl Palmitate, Triethanolamine, Hydroxylated Lecithin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Urea, Glycosaminoglycans, Ceteareth-20, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Bisabolol, Zinc Sulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Pyridoxine HCl, Citric Acid, Pantethine, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, BHT, Tocotrienols, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Copper Gluconate.

ETA: I just checked and AFFA is still available to order @ perriconemd.com
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Contributor

Thanks lyn in MI!
Trusted Contributor

You're welcome, loyale.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

Yes, what Lyn said! LOL

Inside sources say AFFA is being discontinued though...If you love it, grab what you can afford! I did that when they discontinued the BEST Sunless Tanner in the world....grrrrr....bought 4 bottles. Would have bought a case if I could have afforded it!

I am finishing my AFFA but have been also using 15 since it came out. I know it is 'super charged'...but I don't see a difference on my face between the two. Love them both.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a couple AFFA the other day. Try ebay or Perricone website. I tried the Formula15, which is like AFFA but stronger. I did not like it. Irritated my skin. I do not use exfoliates or anything either. My daughter, on the other hand LOVES it!! I don't know what I will do! That stuff really makes a difference in firmness. I love it!

Frequent Contributor

I find that I can use Formula 15, as long as I don't use HP Evening repair every night.

I can use Formula 15 during the day as long as:

1. I either use Neuropeptide night cream every night, and don't use HP evening repair at all or

2. Use Neuropeptide night cream on, say, M-W-F-Su and use HP evening repair on Tu-Th-Sa.

Trusted Contributor

LYN,Happy Holidays to you and your family. A sincere thank you for all your great advice. Here's to2015. Tipping my tea cup to you, Many thanks. Come to Hilton Head again. Will fix Southern Ice Tea. Being a Yankee I prefer my tea HOT.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/19/2014 lyn in MI said: You're welcome, loyale.

LYN. What items do you app[y first. Talked with Perricone rep and they said use cold plasma first.Follow with other products.Do you use the ORM? Many thanks, M

Frequent Contributor

Formula 15 is great. It's like super duper AFFA.