Honored Contributor

I bet each product cost less than $5 to produce.

They'll reach the point where greed will overtake their common sense...like Judith Ripka's pieces.

Trusted Contributor

Chaz and QVC could not charge these prices if there were not enough people willing to pay. They sell tons of product so have no incentive to reduce prices. There is also the psychology of the luxury brand. Would Wen be so popular if it was sold at drugstore prices?

Respected Contributor

I buy the small bottle as that is all I can afford at this time, it does last as you don't need a lot of it.....But I love the results or I would not spent the $..... so hoping the small bottle stays the same...

Honored Contributor
On 10/24/2014 pas4116 said:

Chaz and QVC could not charge these prices if there were not enough people willing to pay. They sell tons of product so have no incentive to reduce prices. There is also the psychology of the luxury brand. Would Wen be so popular if it was sold at drugstore prices?

I'd actually go back to cleansing more than 1-2x per week if the price was a lot less. But having to use over 6oz of CC each time sure adds up.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor
On 10/24/2014 wingnut09 said: I don't believe it's Chaz that "needs to leave prices alone". QVC sets the price, EZ pays and shipping.

That assumes that when Chaz' company sells their product to QVC, they sell it to them at the same price always. I doubt that.

Curious? What makes you think one company wants to make a lower profit than the other- and liking Chaz better doesn't cut it. He's a businessman all the way.

Are his products less expensive in his other outlets? At his salon? His own website, etc? In the nearly 5 years I've been using WEN, I haven't found that's true - maybe because I pretty much use what he/they offer on TSV's which I've always bought then on AD.

Honored Contributor

Who knows?

I just know that companies have been getting greedy to the max - pushing the limit of what people can pay...not just WEN.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/25/2014 terrier3 said:

Who knows?

I just know that companies have been getting greedy to the max - pushing the limit of what people can pay...not just WEN.

Companies have been "greedy to the max" since the dawn of capitalism. Maximizing profits is how our whole economy works. Wen and QVC are no different than any other. My point about price is marketing a product at a very high price in relation to the actual cost creates the aura of luxury. It makes a product seem exclusive or creates the impression that it must be better if it costs so much. Is a Burberry eye shadow at $80 really 10x better than Revlon at $8? Do the ingredients in the Burberry shadow cost 10x more? No, but the perceived value is determined by the customer.

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/26/2014 pas4116 said:
On 10/25/2014 terrier3 said:

Who knows?

Companies have been "greedy to the max" since the dawn of capitalism. Maximizing profits is how our whole economy works. Wen and QVC are no different than any other. My point about price is marketing a product at a very high price in relation to the actual cost creates the aura of luxury. It makes a product seem exclusive or creates the impression that it must be better if it costs so much. Is a Burberry eye shadow at $80 really 10x better than Revlon at $8? Do the ingredients in the Burberry shadow cost 10x more? No, but the perceived value is determined by the customer.

This is probably why some Wenners think that GR makes a substandard Wen product.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.