Respected Contributor

@jobiz what I have found is that, even though all my makeup is in the "cool" family, my lipstick has to have some yellow in it, in order not to appear "blue" on my lips. If I wear a peach lipstick, it looks more pink on me than peach.

It took me a while to figure this out and now, the only makeup item I know I have to get in a "warm" shade is lipstick!

Honored Contributor

Re: No lipstick luck!

[ Edited ]

@jobiz wrote:

If you remember any names please let me know! thank you so much

I can recommend these lip/eye base primers:

SHANY Eye & Lip Primer/Base - $10 

or 

JOLIE Eye & Lip Primer/Base - $18

I have had good results also with BECCA Under Eye Brightening Corrector - $32. Surprisingly this product works pretty good. For me it is too tacky for my under eye area and it settles into lines. I find it moisturizing enough to use on my lips. It's slightly luminous so it gives an illumination beneath your lipsticks.

@jobiz

Respected Contributor

Good idea @SilleeMee

Honored Contributor

@jobiz  I also have more pigmented lip color.. a darker lip. .I ALWAYS use a neutral beige  lip cream first...then  apply my pink lipstick on top. .... otherwise my lip color does not pop. Have you tried that? 

Honored Contributor

I totally feel your pain.  So many lipstick colors that look natural in the tube/swatch look awful on me.  My lips are naturally a mauvy shade.  I finally found a slightly darker version in Rouge Dior Eccentric if I just tap it on instead of swiping it.  For a dressier look I like to add a little berry on top, currently Cover Girl Melting Pout Raspberry Gelly.  I don't even squeeze it but just use what is in the sponge tip until it no longer deposits color.  However, I think these colors would not be for you.  

I have to stay away from anything that has any shade of peach or might turn orange.  I may try the lip primer tip to see if it'll let me use some of the pink shades I bought thinking they would look natural but on me they didn't.  

Also, I have found my method of tapping on a layer first even if I'm going to also swipe it on for more color works best for me.  That colors in the little vertical white lines that show up if I stretch my lips out, giving my lips an even color.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Excellent suggestion.  Concealer is great to use to lighten a color of lipstick.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee  Excellent suggestion.  Concealer is great to use to lighten a color of lipstick.  

If you use a base primer it shouldn't lighten it but actually intensify the color and make it true to color. @Katcat1

Respected Contributor

I have the same purpley problem. You might like the Laura Geller Color enriched Anti Aging Lipstick in the shade Peach Tree. A beautiful light peachie shade and I put gloss on top. Perfect! NO purple!

Image result for Laura Geller Color Enriched Anti Aging Lipstick - Peach Tree

Honored Contributor

@jobiz wrote:
Help! I have somewhat pigmented lips. I have tried so many Bobbi Brown lip shade. ( desert pink, neutral) those are only some of MANY brands.
But they end up looking “purple ish” on me. Please help. Sick of throwing out lipsticks!!! I am just looking for an everyday color. Would love suggestions!! I am an NC 30 in Mac. I have also tried the popular shade in Mac but still looking weird. Help!!! Can anyone relate to this?

@jobiz  Most dept. stores allow you to try on lipsticks. Be sure they sanitize them and use a little wooden pick to take some of the bullet for you to use...Check outside in sunlight before purchasing.

Trusted Contributor

Revlon Lusterous shade 205.  Champagne on Ice.  More pink but with a very slight peach.