Valued Contributor

No diffference in the oils, right?

I know I have asked this before but really didn't get the answer I was looking for or maybe expected to get.

There really is no difference between all the Wen oils except for scent, correct? If there is a difference in results depending on which oil you use, I wish it was explained more clearly.

I am looking for results in specific areas and need to know which oil is best for what I am looking for or if several different oils will do the same thing....just choose which one is best for me.

All the ingredients look pretty much the same so if the results are intended to be different, I would like to hear it explained that way.

Contributor

Re: No diffference in the oils, right?

There actually is quite a difference in the oils, aside from the scent. There is a post that gives the ingredients of each separate oil, along with the benefit of the ingredient. It was what I used to help me pick the oils to purchase based on my scalp issues http://community.qvc.com/forums/wen/topic/349254/benefits-of-oils.aspx
Super Contributor

I'm not sure what specific things you are wanting to use the oils for, but there is quite a bit of difference in the performance of the oils. The carrier oils, jojoba, argan, Abyssinian, are the same for each oil, but the essential oils are different. They not only create the scent, but essential oils are used for different purposes both medically and cosmetically. All the WEN oils are beneficial because of the carrier oils, but there are real differences in them because of the essential oils.

The tea tree oil is used by a lot of WENners to help with thinning hair and scalp issues because the tea tree, rosemary and eucalyptus are known to be anti-fungal, antibacterial. I find the fig oil is a thicker, more viscous oil than the others - too heavy for me in the summer for a facial moisturizer, but great for a body moisturizer. It also has rosemary in it, so it is also a good oil for scalp treatment. The POM and SAM oils are the lightest oils and I like the POM oil as a facial moisturizer for my combination skin.

If you could explain a little more what your needs are, it would be easier to make recommendations.

ETA, I noticed after I typed this that jp926 referred you to the "Benefits of Oils" thread which is a great recommendation.

Valued Contributor

Just knowing that there are carrier oils and essential oils has helped so much...thank you!

I use the Tea Tree to boost/keep hair growth several times a week and have added a drop to my styling cream which is wonderful but with the new 613 oil out now, I may try that to add to my styling cream.

I am very familiar with the jojoba oil smell and it is heavenly...may like that better to mix with my styling cream than the Tea Tree....which can override my bamboo green tea scent just a touch and I don't want to do that!

Thanks so much....this has been helpful. Smiley Happy

Contributor

On 9/27/2014 okiebug said:

I'm not sure what specific things you are wanting to use the oils for, but there is quite a bit of difference in the performance of the oils. The carrier oils, jojoba, argan, Abyssinian, are the same for each oil, but the essential oils are different. They not only create the scent, but essential oils are used for different purposes both medically and cosmetically. All the WEN oils are beneficial because of the carrier oils, but there are real differences in them because of the essential oils.

The tea tree oil is used by a lot of WENners to help with thinning hair and scalp issues because the tea tree, rosemary and eucalyptus are known to be anti-fungal, antibacterial. I find the fig oil is a thicker, more viscous oil than the others - too heavy for me in the summer for a facial moisturizer, but great for a body moisturizer. It also has rosemary in it, so it is also a good oil for scalp treatment. The POM and SAM oils are the lightest oils and I like the POM oil as a facial moisturizer for my combination skin.

If you could explain a little more what your needs are, it would be easier to make recommendations.

ETA, I noticed after I typed this that jp926 referred you to the "Benefits of Oils" thread which is a great recommendation.

Thanks okiebug! I wish posting from my ipad didn't just leave a block of text... Came back to say I use TT & POM oils because of thinning hair (both oils have rosemary leaf oil in them which help to promote hair growth). Since I started using them (about a year ago) I have new hair growth where it was thinning around my temples!! Enough new growth that friends & family are noticing & commenting about it!! I'm planning to pick up the 613 oil as it has rosemary leaf oil in it too.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for this thread! I'm looking for an oil for the mid to ends to help with dryness and shine because my hair is so dry! I was thinking 613 oil... Anyone have any other ideas??
Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 mommy4 said: Thank you for this thread! I'm looking for an oil for the mid to ends to help with dryness and shine because my hair is so dry! I was thinking 613 oil... Anyone have any other ideas??
If the issue is dryness in mid shaft to ends what you probably need more than the oils is remoist. Although we all use WEN in different ways, principally remoist is for the hair and the oils are for scalp health which promotes growth of healthy hair. If you don't have time for remoist incorporate 613 into your routine. For shine, use the 613 mousse on wet hair which contains a glossing complex. The 613 styling cream is great too.The Fall Apple Spice CC also contains maple which gives shine and is very moisturizing. But if you mind the maple smell try instead the Fall Tuscan Pear CC which contains the honey complex which gives moisture and shine. You could also try the Glossing Serum. Oil alone on your hair doesn't give moisture, it just gives sheen. Just remember when you are thirsty, you drink water not oil and that will guide you.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

Well said Kjelle! I ""second"" everything you posted.
**Suz**
Frequent Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Kjelle said:
On 9/27/2014 mommy4 said: Thank you for this thread! I'm looking for an oil for the mid to ends to help with dryness and shine because my hair is so dry! I was thinking 613 oil... Anyone have any other ideas??
If the issue is dryness in mid shaft to ends what you probably need more than the oils is remoist. Although we all use WEN in different ways, principally remoist is for the hair and the oils are for scalp health which promotes growth of healthy hair. If you don't have time for remoist incorporate 613 into your routine. For shine, use the 613 mousse on wet hair which contains a glossing complex. The 613 styling cream is great too.The Fall Apple Spice CC also contains maple which gives shine and is very moisturizing. But if you mind the maple smell try instead the Fall Tuscan Pear CC which contains the honey complex which gives moisture and shine. You could also try the Glossing Serum. Oil alone on your hair doesn't give moisture, it just gives sheen. Just remember when you are thirsty, you drink water not oil and that will guide you.
Kjelle, thank you so much! You have been so helpful! Yes my hair is dry and frizzy so I'm trying to figure out the best stuff to use for my hair! I tried fig once but it was so heavy!
Honored Contributor

Coconut oil is great for dryness on midshaft to ends. That's what I use. I used to use the Wen oils on my length too but I don't anymore. Personally it works better than Remoist for me

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval