Respected Contributor

Is there such a thing as No Sweat Sun Screen. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Would it be similar to 'water-resistant' sunscreen? @granddi

Honored Contributor

I always had luck with alba Botanica sunscreens.  They offer a variety with physical or chemical sunscreens.  Have separate ones for the face.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Well, I thought yall can read my mind. My husband is an avid golfer with history of squamous cell (non-melanoma) skin cancer so he uses sun screens with high spf and repeated applications.

He complains that that he sweats MORE with some brands such as Banana Boat and less with Neutrogena. I searched reviews on Amazon and Neutrogena says describes one of its products as "breathable" ie that sweat can evaporate without affecting the product. It is recommended that it be reapplied about every 90 minutes. Maybe oil free would help. 

Valued Contributor

Yes, I can definitely relate to the problem!  I believe I am going through menopause and I'm just HOT all of the time.  It's really annoying!  I live in Florida so I'm very careful about making sure I use sunscreen before I apply my makeup.  I have been having an awful time finding a sunscreen product that doesn't make me feel like I'm sweating.  There are some sunscreens that seem so occlusive to me that I can't even apply my makeup because my face feels so wet.  I believe I have discovered that the sunscreens that make me feel so hot are those that have a high percentage of silicones in them.  I know silicone is supposed to be this miracle ingredient in skin care, but these types of products make me feel like I'm putting a piece of saran wrap over my face.  I think I may have finally found a sunscreen product that doesn't cause me to have this problem:  it's called Elta MD and it's specifically the "Clear" SPF 46 product.  Now I have very oily skin, so the clear is good for my skin type.  When I looked at the ingredients, it appears as if there may not be any silicones in this product.  Elta MD offers many varities of sunscreen so perhaps there might be a better choice than the "Clear" for your husband.  

Respected Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

Yes, I can definitely relate to the problem!  I believe I am going through menopause and I'm just HOT all of the time.  It's really annoying!  I live in Florida so I'm very careful about making sure I use sunscreen before I apply my makeup.  I have been having an awful time finding a sunscreen product that doesn't make me feel like I'm sweating.  There are some sunscreens that seem so occlusive to me that I can't even apply my makeup because my face feels so wet.  I believe I have discovered that the sunscreens that make me feel so hot are those that have a high percentage of silicones in them.  I know silicone is supposed to be this miracle ingredient in skin care, but these types of products make me feel like I'm putting a piece of saran wrap over my face.  I think I may have finally found a sunscreen product that doesn't cause me to have this problem:  it's called Elta MD and it's specifically the "Clear" SPF 46 product.  Now I have very oily skin, so the clear is good for my skin type.  When I looked at the ingredients, it appears as if there may not be any silicones in this product.  Elta MD offers many varities of sunscreen so perhaps there might be a better choice than the "Clear" for your husband.  

Thanks so much. I looked at reviews on Amazon and Elta gets good remarks but some comments but the alarming thing was that some customers said they thought they had gotten counterfeit product!

Respected Contributor

I got a pack of 2 tubes of Brush On Block-SPF 30 on a card at Costco & it works pretty well.  I think Amazon also carries it & the it's refillable:

Valued Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

Thanks so much. I looked at reviews on Amazon and Elta gets good remarks but some comments but the alarming thing was that some customers said they thought they had gotten counterfeit product!

Yes, I saw those reviews, too, but took a chance on ordering from Amazon and just received two days ago.  The item I received was just fine.  I had used this product many years ago, but had forgotten about it.  If you're leery about ordering from Amazon, you can also order Elta MD from a site called Lovelyskin.com which is a great health and beauty site that I've ordered from for years and have never had a problem.  They are an "authorized" Elta MD seller.  I am so glad I decided to try this particular sunscreen again!