Honored Contributor

No QVC Makeup Artists for the Hosts...

...during these times of social isolation.  Kerstin mentioned it this morning.  QVC is operating with a few people as possible to put these shows on the air.  She said she did her own makeup today. 

I noticed how fresh and lovely Pat Dementri looks today during her Gourmet Show.  The very heavy makeup is so theatrical and usually all the hosts are so overdone.  I just think both Kerstin and Pat looked absolutely beautiful today. 

Honored Contributor

Re: No QVC Makeup Artists for the Hosts...

Good!  The make-up has been awful for months.  Best thing that could have happened.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Some of them looked just awful recently.

Their "contouring" looked like they had racing stripes under their cheek bones and reflecting paint above.

Honored Contributor

I have commented previously that I thought they needed new make-up artists at Q as the ones they have are way too heavy handed.  But, I don't believe they have to use them so I'm guessing they like the look.  It will be interesting to see Shawn's own make-up look.

Jill Bauer had said she did her own make-up except for special events.  On HSN, both Colleen Lopez and Amy Morrison have said they do their own make-up as well.  

As an aside, I thought MBR looked lovely when I saw her, I think Saturday.  She got a haircut and it is super flattering on her.  Carolyn Gracie's new haircut also looked fabulous.  My cut is very similar to her's but she has a lot more hair than I do. 

Valued Contributor

I thought that Jen Coffey looked gorgeous today and maybe it's because she did her own hair and makeup Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I've been waiting for a call to "straighten out" some of those mishaps. Maybe the phone will ring in a few weeks...let you guys know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I've been waiting for a call to "straighten out" some of those mishaps. Maybe the phone will ring in a few weeks...let you guys know.

@Shanus 

I hope you get a call from the Breezies ladies. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl   I'd love to make-over the bra ladies!!!  Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Feel badly axing jobs, but watching back some shows last night, the hosts & IT "Girls" looked so much more natural. Maybe the expense of hair/makeup people isn't necessary. Cut the budget there. 

Spend that money to redo the computer system. 😜

Honored Contributor

....noticing no overdone, spider lashes, too.