Esteemed Contributor

Re: No QVC Makeup Artists for the Hosts...

I wonder if after all this, there will be some realizations of jobs that aren't all that necessary, therefore they will be axed.  As far as the makeup/hair people at the Q, I am sure that most of the hosts know how to do their own.  Afterall, what do they do in "real life"?   Also, I wouldn't want anyone putting make up on me with brushes and make up pots that have been touched on other people.  The same with combs and brushes.  Maybe that is just me, but I would do my own, thank you very much.

Without make up and hair people, perhaps they could offer free shipping and handling.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I wonder if after all this, there will be some realizations of jobs that aren't all that necessary, therefore they will be axed.  As far as the makeup/hair people at the Q, I am sure that most of the hosts know how to do their own.  Afterall, what do they do in "real life"?   Also, I wouldn't want anyone putting make up on me with brushes and make up pots that have been touched on other people.  The same with combs and brushes.  Maybe that is just me, but I would do my own, thank you very much.

Without make up and hair people, perhaps they could offer free shipping and handling.  Woman Wink

@tends2dogs   That's a misconception about makeup artists using the same makeup brushes on many. There should be many duplicates of each brush and a sanitizing spray...same w/ hair tools. If not, run don't walk...even in dept. stores for a makeover or demo. 

Q may need to keep their artists because of the time it takes to get someone ready to be on air. Three makeup artists should be able to get 6-8 women ready in no time...if they know what they're doing. Remember there are not only hosts, but vendors who are probably take advantage of those services. 

Super Contributor

I totally agree with you!  I don't want makeup or brushes that have been used on other people anywhere near my face.  I worked for a very large, well known dept. store & the manager of the entire cosmetic dept. got pink eye from having her eye makeup done at one of the counters!  No way for me!

Honored Contributor

On shophq last night they mentioned they have to do their own hair and make up now.  They were pretty funny talking about it.  No nail person either.  They were just letting people know.  One host had her hair in a ponytail.  They still looked nice though