Trusted Contributor

No QVC Coupons--This is Funny!

I read Nouveaucheap's blog everyday. If you don't you really should since she gives the latest news on beauty deals. Anyway, a couple of days ago she posted about a $20 off $40 purchase coupon for new customers on Hsn. One of the posters mistakenly thought it was for QVC. She said she tried using it but it didn't work. She even contacted QVC customer service which told her that they don't even have a place to put it because they don't have codes lol! She eventually realized she was on the wrong shopping channel site.

This is part of the reason why I shop so little on QVC. Even Bergdorf's provides coupons and promo codes for their customers. Yes, I know that the they are all in it for the money but you too would rather buy an item when there is a 15% off coupon that expires by midnight on Wednesday than pay full price on Thursday. I am telling you that almost every other online retailer I shop with has them. Qvc is just so, so, well stingy. I love the forums here and I love shopping channels in general but my order histories for Evine and HSN are far more extensive than my order history for QVC. Here on QVC you get some exclusivity but on the other channels you get that and great prices. Trust me, if QVC followed a similar business model, they would have so much more of my money. And isn't that what they want?

I'd be curious to hear all your thoughts.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Contributor

Re: No QVC Coupons--This is Funny!

Recently there was a post about the QVC shopper. I shop more than the average mentioned. The only incentive offer i have received was recently received an offer to use an extended EZ pay on one item. I don't shop using EZ pay and do not have a Q card. How do you receive the Insider I see mentioned? I would love to be rewarded by the  in some way. Free shipping for a month - receive samples of beauty products or gift with beauty purchase, etc.

I can relate to the "wrong store" story as I was recently shopping with my teenaged daughter at the mall. She had gone into a store to do an exchange and texted me to meet her there because they required a drivers license - which she doesnt have yet. I went to PINK instead of VS wondering where she was after I handed my ID to the person at the register. LOL!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I agree that it would be a great incentive.... before I buy on line I always check Google for coupon codes!

But when you have a company that thinks $20-$30 off is a great TSV deal on a $300 item.... or $5 off is a sale/clearance price then they surely wouldn't consider anything additional.    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

Whether or not a store has coupons is completely irrelevant.  The only thing that matters is whether the final price that you are paying is worth it to you for the item you are buying.  I personally hate coupons, codes, point collection systems, sales, etc.  It's so much more work to try to figure out the specific day you need to buy something, or wait until you have the right code, or use the $10 you get for today's purchase next month.  I do some of those things because it's the only way to get good prices at some stores, but I consider it to be a giant pain.  I like that for the most part, QVC's prices are what they are.  If I think it's a good price I buy, and if I don't, I don't.  I always comparison shop online to see if the prices make sense, but I end up buying plenty from QVC.

Honored Contributor

I have shopped with QVC since 1988, not so much last 10 years.  With the advent of internet shopping it is too competitive out there.  Almost everything I buy at QVC I can buy elsewhere for the same price, or a little less.  MINUS shipping and return fees.  I also earn reward points.

EXAMPLE

I buy Perricone.  You can buy Perricone at QVC, Nordie, Neiman, Perricone.com,  and several other places.  It is an item that is sold the same price  everywhere.  Say I have a 200 or 300 dollar purchase  for 2 or 3 Perricone items .  First I check mr rebates.  QVC gives me back 3%, Neiman 5 to10%, and Nordie 5 to 9%, Perricone 4% back. Also,  Neiman and Nordie both give me reward points.  QVC will charge me  21.00 shipping for  2 of items, and 5.00 for one, that is 26.00 shipping fee!  Nordie and Neiman is 0 shipping fee.  Where would you shop?

Last Perricone purchase (280 dollars) I earned 28 dollars back from mr rebates for buying at Neiman, I earned 1200 in reward points (triple point  beauty day), I received free shipping, and a 4 piece deluxe sample set of Perricone products ( these are a month trial size) plus a selection of 5 free sample.

This same purchase at QVC would have cost me 15.50 in shipping more.  I would have 3.00 back from Mrrebates. No samples, no reward points nothing more

The only thing QVC will do for you is divide this purchase into 3 easy payments.  So I am going to give up 25 dollars in rebates, give up free shipping and 1200 reward points for 3 easy payments? That is paying 40.50 more.for the same item. But I guess if you break the overage up into 3 easy payments, it is only 13.50 more a month! LOL

Honored Contributor

wow yeah how sad- what website in this day and age doesn't even have a coupon code box?? Even online stores that hardly ever have coupons still have the box for those rare occasions when they do. QVC just doesn't bother because they have no intention of ever offering us a coupon code! Geez.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I have shopped with QVC since 1988, not so much last 10 years.  With the advent of internet shopping it is too competitive out there.  Almost everything I buy at QVC I can buy elsewhere for the same price, or a little less.  MINUS shipping and return fees.  I also earn reward points.

EXAMPLE

I buy Perricone.  You can buy Perricone at QVC, Nordie, Neiman, Perricone.com,  and several other places.  It is an item that is sold the same price  everywhere.  Say I have a 200 or 300 dollar purchase  for 2 or 3 Perricone items .  First I check mr rebates.  QVC gives me back 3%, Neiman 5 to10%, and Nordie 5 to 9%, Perricone 4% back. Also,  Neiman and Nordie both give me reward points.  QVC will charge me  21.00 shipping for  2 of items, and 5.00 for one, that is 26.00 shipping fee!  Nordie and Neiman is 0 shipping fee.  Where would you shop?

Last Perricone purchase (280 dollars) I earned 28 dollars back from mr rebates for buying at Neiman, I earned 1200 in reward points (triple point  beauty day), I received free shipping, and a 4 piece deluxe sample set of Perricone products ( these are a month trial size) plus a selection of 5 free sample.

This same purchase at QVC would have cost me 15.50 in shipping more.  I would have 3.00 back from Mrrebates. No samples, no reward points nothing more

The only thing QVC will do for you is divide this purchase into 3 easy payments.  So I am going to give up 25 dollars in rebates, give up free shipping and 1200 reward points for 3 easy payments? That is paying 40.50 more.for the same item. But I guess if you break the overage up into 3 easy payments, it is only 13.50 more a month! LOL

That's how I shop. I have to keep on DH to do this. He thinks when he sees something he wants he should just buy it. I told him no he needed to search it online for the best price, shipping, rebate etc. He thinks it's too much of a hassle. It is not. I have relatives asking me to find the best deal on certain things quite a bit. People are just to lazy & don't want to be bothered.

Contributor

DiscountDiva,

You might find my postings on the Jewelry Format humourous....

They are all about an order that I have been chasing for over a month!

Between reading your observations and my recent experiencies, QVC has me questioning every item I might consider purchasing X100.

So sad.....

Trusted Contributor

I am not sure what to make of Gioiella's response. The thing about about coupons and promo codes is that you do not have to use them. If you don't want to bother with waiting for when they're valid or finding codes, you do not have to. Those of us who do wish to use them can.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shopped at Kohl's several times this weekend and today too. I rarely shop at Kohl's but what got me shopping there was them carrying something that QVC does, only Kohl's had percentage discounts on it and coupons.  I got hooked -  on my several trips to Kohl's in the past few days I got great deals on their Veteran's Day promotions such as $10 off a purchase of $25 and a $5 off anything coupon and 30% off. Today they even let me combine all those which astounded me.  And no S&H charges. AND if I want to return an item it doesn't cost me anything (like my postage back and deducting the original shipping charge.).  Except for LOGO clothes which I can't find elsewhere, QVC is losing me as a customer.

I posted elsewhere today that the V in QVC no longer stands for "value."  It does occasionally but not often any more.