Respected Contributor

Re: No More Cosmetics to be Sold in California that Test on Animals

I don't like animal testing either, who will they test on for safety -- humans?

I've noticed cosmetics that work for me are the ones that have been tested on animals.  

Drugs used in the medical community are also animal tested for safety.  Will that be forbidden and tested on humans instead?

Honored Contributor

This is the 21st century. There are a lot of safety testing methods currently in use that don't involve animals or unwilling humans. In vitro testing is the main method, as well as (increasingly) computer modeling. Testing on human volunteers when it makes sense gives more accurate data for human products.

Also, a scientist can look at a chemical and tell you, based on chemistry, whether it is likely to be caustic or harmful to organic tissue. A lot of this is common sense and builds on previous knowledge. I mean, we all know and agree we don't need to safety test olive or argan oil, right? Ancient civilizations already established the safety of most nut oils for us.

Life's getting better. There are always more options than we first think.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I am uplifted to read some good news!  In this day and age animals shouldn't be experimented on for vanity reasons.  We are talking about cosmetics not a cure for cancer.

Regulations are necessary to protect humans and animals.  They are necessary for our health and well being.  I would rather be safe and healthy than not have certain regulations.  Maybe they are over done but better that than not have them at all.  Animals need representation and I hope other states follow suit.

Valued Contributor

Good morning everyone Logical Harmony an excellent source for all things cruelty free has a great article on this . Have a great weekend