Honored Contributor

I used to wear and love Becca when it was a small Australian company with some interesting colors. The founder, Rebecca Morrice Williams, brought a natural yet colorful look to her products, and they looked good on me. Of course Estee Lauder (who else?) bought it in 2016, and the products changed. They discontinued my favorite chubby eye pencils and changed the colors of some of my other favorites.

Now they have brought on Chrissy Teigen (?) as their "designer." You've got to be kidding me. Is there anything this woman won't get involved in? I have seen her be rude to people, so obviously because of that she is not my favorite person. That, coupled with the fact that they seem to be catering to the shimmer and shine group, is why I won't buy BECCA any longer. 

OK - Miley, Chrissy --- I think I'm done! Smiley Wink

I wish there was a small cosmetics company that would stay true to their original focus. There aren't many left. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Oh noo!

Hasnt Estee enough flipping moolha?!

They grab everything up and yes, it changes Smiley Sad

I noted they [Becca] dc'd their brushes too....loved the brow duo gel thingie but it's going away.

Sold only online now but was out briefly on shelves. A great item!

I am disgusted.

Agree wholeheartedly with you.

I hope It Cosmetics doesn't change much and remains loyal...even though L'Oreal bought her out :/

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Ugh well good to know for those of us who avoid companies owned by non-cruelty free parent companies. I hadn't had any luck with their products really but I still would check them out occasionally but no longer now. 

I guess one of the good things about buying only cruelty free beauty products- I have saved alot of money and avoided so many temptations! There are so many nice looking things in the beauty market now but so much of it I can't buy, yay! loo,  just trying to put a positive twist on things! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  I think you should check out Makeup Geek. The owner Marlena Stell is so sweet. She started this company in her mom's basement. She has a you tube channel. Anyway, just thought I would share. 

Valued Contributor

Hi Beach-mom 

I used Becca highlighters a fews years ago , but once bought by Estee Lauder ( animal testing ) I quit . I went cruelty free about 4 years ago , now many of the brands I like also a happen to be organic ( I didn't plan it that way but the brandsI tried really preformed for me) . There are so many great brands out there and especially for highlighters   : W3ll people , Ilia , RMS, Kjaer Weiss and my new favorite Gressa Minimalist Illuminating Serum . Many sites like Detox Market and Integrity Botanicals and Citrine Natural Beauty have where you can purchase from 4-5 samples for between $10-$15. Good luck

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@beach-mom  I think you should check out Makeup Geek. The owner Marlena Stell is so sweet. She started this company in her mom's basement. She has a you tube channel. Anyway, just thought I would share. 

@wvumountiefan - I met Marlena! She is every bit as sweet as you say, as is her husband "Cocoa Bear." DD and I went to her pop-up shop a few months ago in NYC. (It was my first time there without being dropped off by a tour bus in front of a play venue or concert hall. We walked and walked and walked - and waited in line.) DD was planning to go with two friends, but they couldn't go. She has been following Marlena since she started, and has ordered from her in the past. I didn't know much about the makeup before. We were part of the first group allowed inside. 

It was amazing! All of her products were spread out, and they gave you a little sheet to fill out with check marks by the products you wanted. DD went right at it; I was lost! They weren't really giving a whole lot of advice, but some of the girls took pity on me and I came home with a few items! The prices were amazing. They discounted the already low prices for the day. I got two of the foiled lipsticks, three eyeshadows, and a blush. 

My first pop-up shop! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Does Becca offer skincare? If not.... it will. EVERY line that EL buys that doesn't have skincare DOES soon after.

The shine and glitter look is what appeals to the YouTube crowd; EL is jumping on the gravy train.

Honored Contributor

I've bought two Becca products in my life. The Undereye Brightening Corrector is awesome but the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powder made me look like a wrinkled, bronzed tin man...just awful!Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@wvumountiefan - I met Marlena! She is every bit as sweet as you say, as is her husband "Cocoa Bear." DD and I went to her pop-up shop a few months ago in NYC. (It was my first time there without being dropped off by a tour bus in front of a play venue or concert hall. We walked and walked and walked - and waited in line.) DD was planning to go with two friends, but they couldn't go. She has been following Marlena since she started, and has ordered from her in the past. I didn't know much about the makeup before. We were part of the first group allowed inside. 

It was amazing! All of her products were spread out, and they gave you a little sheet to fill out with check marks by the products you wanted. DD went right at it; I was lost! They weren't really giving a whole lot of advice, but some of the girls took pity on me and I came home with a few items! The prices were amazing. They discounted the already low prices for the day. I got two of the foiled lipsticks, three eyeshadows, and a blush. 

My first pop-up shop! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom  Oh my! How lucky were you and your DD!!?? Talk about the American dream, she is it! She so grounded and genuine! I love her company and I've loved everything I ever bought. I think her next surprise is launching foundation, and another thing I love about her is they keep their prices low for the quality that you get. 

Wow, you are lucky! Btw, their CS is awesome. I ordered one of her magnetic compacts for the eyeshadows, and when it arrived it was cracked on one of the hinges. Emailed them and no problem getting another one. The CS rep even gave me some pointers on how to mend the cracked compact and try to use it. I did that and it's workable. Anyway, what did you get? 

Regular Contributor

I feel this way about Tarte. It used to be a nice line focused on natural ingredients and now they are doing the whole trendy unicorn shimmery stuff with awful fragrances in some of their products. It seems like every beauty company I have fallen in love with from QVC has completely isolated their original customer base once they were sold.