Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I am still working everyday so I'm still wearing make-up daily.  However, I've had an improvement in my skin that I can attribute to me adding Rosehip Oil to my nighttime skincare regimen.  My skin is soft like a baby's behind and it just looks smoother and glowier. 

I  have never been one that double cleanses.  I use a cleanser.  A cleanser is supposed to clean the skin and cleaning the skin includes removing make-up.  I do not use a make-up remover.  The entire concept makes me laugh. I personally think that is just another useless step that  these companies came up with to get people to spend their money on unnessary products.  I don't see the point.  Next they will come up with a cleanser remover to remove the cleanser that is left behind.  LOL

I also don't believe in skin breathing.  Wouldn't it do that at night then when you aren't wearing make-up?

However, since we have had to wear masks, I am getting small bouts of maskne and that happens whether I have make-up on or not.  If I wear my mask for even an hour a day, I will get breakouts exactly where my mask is on my face.           

@Lipstickdiva although I haven't needed an oil cleanser since having to wear a mask (because I haven't been wearing face makeup) I do need to double-cleanse when I wear my usual tinted sunscreen, which is the Australian Gold one. That stuff is so tenacious it's almost like a layer of rubber on my face. I like it because once applied,  it doesn't budge but, it's very difficult to remove. Other water-resistant sunscreens are like that as well and I haven't met a regular cleanser that will remove them entirely without a lot of abrasive scrubbing. My oil cleanser does a wonderful job of breaking up that layer and emulsifying it, then I just wash it away with a little bit of regular cleanser. 

Trusted Contributor

I rarely wear foundation - just for special occasions. 

I wear my skincare, sunscreen, eyeliner and something on my lips.  I enjoy putting on my lipstick in the morning, and I don't put on my mask when I am alone in the car or hubby is driving me to work. 

The one thing that may have changed is that I am getting much less sun exposure.  (I always wore/wear sunscreen; but before Covid traveled into the City most day which involved a lot of walking outdoors.)  So that may help skin-wise, if not Vitamin -wise. 

Do the math.