Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  -- I have preached on this board many times about having a healthy diet, exercising, drinking lots of water, keeping a healthy weight, etc., to keep our skin healthy.  All skin, not just the face.  I believe that keeping your body healthy on the inside keeps your complexion healthy.   I have an oily, sensitive complexion that tends to break out or get little rashes here and there.  I haven't had any of those skin issues on my face in the last couple months.  Yay!

(This does not mean that once this crisis is over, I won't be wearing foundation again)

@tototwo , a healthy weight also keeps a person looking younger. Plus as we age it aids in mobility. It's a misnomer to think  that excess weight should be allowed as we age. We all don't quite weight what we did in our younger years, but obesity just opens the door to many serious conditons.

@Tricolor AMEN to that.  Since losing all my weight, not only do I feel great but I look a lot younger too!. I've lost 104 lbs. in the past 14 months.  Getting back to my wedding weight is within view! 

Congratulations, @JeanLouiseFinch, That is quite an accomplishment.!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I haven't worn makeup since March.  My skin does look better and feel better.  But, I was watching show on Canadian tv which showed them swabbing different people's faces and then putting the results under a high power microscope.  Everyone was freaked out when they saw the results.  Apparently everyone has what's called skin mites that live in your pores.  When they showed what they looked like I almost gagged! Your skin might look clean and feel clean but these little buggers are in your pores.  I went on the internet to see how to kill them.  I don't know if it will work or not but I'm going to try.

Respected Contributor

My skin was looking real good due to not wearing make-up until I had to go back into work this summer and had to wear a mask all day.  I still wasn't wearing make-up except for eyeliner but the mask was making my chin break out in a rash.  I found that if I put a thin layer of zinc oxide (diaper rash cream) it protected my chin.

Honored Contributor

I stopped wearing foundation pre Covid. I know it's patting myself on the back to say so, but I don't need it. When you are used to seeing your skin as it really is, you just take better care of it. And not wearing foundation can allow for more skincare under your sunscreen. No worries about it balling up under primer.

I don't think makeup makes skin worse. I think extra attention makes skin better.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: No Makeup = Good Skin

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  -- I have preached on this board many times about having a healthy diet, exercising, drinking lots of water, keeping a healthy weight, etc., to keep our skin healthy.  All skin, not just the face.  I believe that keeping your body healthy on the inside keeps your complexion healthy.   I have an oily, sensitive complexion that tends to break out or get little rashes here and there.  I haven't had any of those skin issues on my face in the last couple months.  Yay!

(This does not mean that once this crisis is over, I won't be wearing foundation again)

@tototwo , a healthy weight also keeps a person looking younger. Plus as we age it aids in mobility. It's a misnomer to think  that excess weight should be allowed as we age. We all don't quite weight what we did in our younger years, but obesity just opens the door to many serious conditons.

@Tricolor AMEN to that.  Since losing all my weight, not only do I feel great but I look a lot younger too!. I've lost 104 lbs. in the past 14 months.  Getting back to my wedding weight is within view! 

Congratulations, @JeanLouiseFinch, That is quite an accomplishment.!

Thank you, @suzyQ3!  It's been an exciting journey, surprisingly easy, and we're eating delicious foods.  I wish I would have known about this way of eating years ago!!

Regular Contributor

I haven't worn makeup since late March and my skin defintely looks and feels better! I am so used to it now that I may never go back! Skin may not breathe, but mine sure is responding well to au natural....Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have said several times that the best thing I ever did for my complexion was to stop wearing makeup on a daily basis.  Now, if I still had to go into an office I would still wear it.  But, since I don't, I see no need to wear it for daily tasks like going to the grocery.  I'll put some on if I am meeting friends for lunch of maybe if I plan to spend a good porton of the day shopping for clothing and I always wear it for church, but that's pretty much it.  

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I don't believe that skin needs to breathe nor not wearing makeup improves one's skin. Good skincare, exercise, heredity, and eating heatlhy contribute to heatlhy looking skin.

@Tricolor  - I agree! Also whether someone uses low cost or high end beauty/makeup is a personal choice. There are good competitive options and I like to create my own custom regime

I stopped following posters that jump from products to products and regime bc of their whims or personal circumstances (reduced budgets etc), then declaring the new choices were the best. And then posting snarky comments about other's choices that are different or snark about previously used products/brands. Seems they like to take others for a ride...no thank you Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

Smiley Sad  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

I don't believe that skin needs to breathe nor not wearing makeup improves one's skin. Good skincare, exercise, heredity, and eating heatlhy contribute to heatlhy looking skin.

@Tricolor  - I agree! Also whether someone uses low cost or high end beauty/makeup is a personal choice. There are good competitive options and I like to create my own custom regime

I stopped following posters that jump from products to products and regime bc of their whims or personal circumstances (reduced budgets etc), then declaring the new choices were the best. And then posting snarky comments about other's choices that are different or snark about previously used products/brands. Seems they like to take others for a ride...no thank you Woman Wink

😆🤣😆🤣😆