Honored Contributor

'You know'............I said the same thing , O/P, somewhere else.................

Since I've been wearing masks (from the very beginning, even when the rumor was that masks wouldn't work), my skin has been soooooooo smooth.  

I've been noiticing that I look younger.

I only use coconut oil on my face.  It seems to soak in, and it's not greasy; doesn't 'gum up' my cotton masks. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: No Makeup = Good Skin

[ Edited ]

I am still working everyday so I'm still wearing make-up daily.  However, I've had an improvement in my skin that I can attribute to me adding Rosehip Oil to my nighttime skincare regimen.  My skin is soft like a baby's behind and it just looks smoother and glowier. 

I  have never been one that double cleanses.  I use a cleanser.  A cleanser is supposed to clean the skin and cleaning the skin includes removing make-up.  I do not use a make-up remover.  The entire concept makes me laugh. I personally think that is just another useless step that  these companies came up with to get people to spend their money on unnessary products.  I don't see the point.  Next they will come up with a cleanser remover to remove the cleanser that is left behind.  LOL

I also don't believe in skin breathing.  Wouldn't it do that at night then when you aren't wearing make-up?

However, since we have had to wear masks, I am getting small bouts of maskne and that happens whether I have make-up on or not.  If I wear my mask for even an hour a day, I will get breakouts exactly where my mask is on my face.           

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

I don't believe that skin needs to breathe nor not wearing makeup improves one's skin. Good skincare, exercise, heredity, and eating heatlhy contribute to heatlhy looking skin.

@Tricolor 

I agree with you. I haven’t worn makeup daily since I retired in 2017. I only wear it when going out somewhere and that has been rare in 2020. Not wearing it hasn’t made any difference in my skin.

@wilma  - I agree with you.  I haven't worn makeup since March and I haven't noticed any difference.  I'm also not experiencing any skin issues from wearing a mask - thank goodness.

Contributor

I have noticed the same with my skinIt is much smoother and bighter. Most days I wear only a moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I am still working everyday so I'm still wearing make-up daily.  However, I've had an improvement in my skin that I can attribute to me adding Rosehip Oil to my nighttime skincare regimen.  My skin is soft like a baby's behind and it just looks smoother and glowier. 

I  have never been one that double cleanses.  I use a cleanser.  A cleanser is supposed to clean the skin and cleaning the skin includes removing make-up.  I do not use a make-up remover.  The entire concept makes me laugh. I personally think that is just another useless step that  these companies came up with to get people to spend their money on unnessary products.  I don't see the point.  Next they will come up with a cleanser remover to remove the cleanser that is left behind.  LOL

I also don't believe in skin breathing.  Wouldn't it do that at night then when you aren't wearing make-up?

However, since we have had to wear masks, I am getting small bouts of maskne and that happens whether I have make-up on or not.  If I wear my mask for even an hour a day, I will get breakouts exactly where my mask is on my face.           

I don't double-cleanse, either. If my Cetaphil cleanser didn't remove my makeup I'd be looking for another cleanser! It may depend on how much/what kind of makeup one wears, though. I don't wear anything waterproof, nor do I use a primer any more.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My skin looks so much better since not wearing foundation with a mask.   I have also been using less skin care products.  

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  -- I have preached on this board many times about having a healthy diet, exercising, drinking lots of water, keeping a healthy weight, etc., to keep our skin healthy.  All skin, not just the face.  I believe that keeping your body healthy on the inside keeps your complexion healthy.   I have an oily, sensitive complexion that tends to break out or get little rashes here and there.  I haven't had any of those skin issues on my face in the last couple months.  Yay!

(This does not mean that once this crisis is over, I won't be wearing foundation again)

@tototwo , a healthy weight also keeps a person looking younger. Plus as we age it aids in mobility. It's a misnomer to think  that excess weight should be allowed as we age. We all don't quite weight what we did in our younger years, but obesity just opens the door to many serious conditons.

@Tricolor AMEN to that.  Since losing all my weight, not only do I feel great but I look a lot younger too!. I've lost 104 lbs. in the past 14 months.  Getting back to my wedding weight is within view! 

@JeanLouiseFinch , congratulations! That is amazing to lose that amount of weight. I am sure that it has been a struggle at times. That weight can creep on so easily but so much harder to lose. I do admire you for sticking with it.Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: No Makeup = Good Skin

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  -- I have preached on this board many times about having a healthy diet, exercising, drinking lots of water, keeping a healthy weight, etc., to keep our skin healthy.  All skin, not just the face.  I believe that keeping your body healthy on the inside keeps your complexion healthy.   I have an oily, sensitive complexion that tends to break out or get little rashes here and there.  I haven't had any of those skin issues on my face in the last couple months.  Yay!

(This does not mean that once this crisis is over, I won't be wearing foundation again)

@tototwo , a healthy weight also keeps a person looking younger. Plus as we age it aids in mobility. It's a misnomer to think  that excess weight should be allowed as we age. We all don't quite weight what we did in our younger years, but obesity just opens the door to many serious conditons.

@Tricolor AMEN to that.  Since losing all my weight, not only do I feel great but I look a lot younger too!. I've lost 104 lbs. in the past 14 months.  Getting back to my wedding weight is within view! 

@JeanLouiseFinch , congratulations! That is amazing to lose that amount of weight. I am sure that it has been a struggle at times. That weight can creep on so easily but so much harder to lose. I do admire you for sticking with it.Heart

Thanks, @Tricolor .  The first two weeks were the hardest, detoxing from sugar and transitioning to using fat/ketones for fuel.  Because we are eating such delicious foods, it hasn’t been a struggle at at. On the contrary, very easy to stick to when you understand the science and have the right mindset.  The weight just melted off.  I’ve learned new ways to bake/cook and don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything.  I know if I stop and return to making old, bad choices I’ll put myself right back where I don’t want to be - fat and unhealthy.  That’s why it’s a lifestyle choice for us. 

Respected Contributor

Shamus@ what kind of mask do you use for pores. I'm seventy six and still have an oily T zone with noticeable pores on nose.

My skin is looking better but I think its because I'm doing WW. I always ate healthy but I've never before ate this healthy. Problem is I'm not losing weight.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow.  @JeanLouiseFinch - good for you!  Losing 104 pounds is amazing, and probably difficult.  I wish you continued success in your weight loss and healthy eating.  Keep up the good work!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt