Honored Contributor

Re: No Love For New Sunglasses

If I like something I keep it. Quite frankly, unsolicited opinions on how I look from relatives has never been on my radar. Return them if you agree with your relatives, keep them if you weren't affected by their critiques. I sense you were, though...

Honored Contributor

please share a picture and I will give you  my honest first reaction to seeing them on you.

Respected Contributor

It seems family has already made you feel insecure about them so even if you really like them you'll always wonder if you look silly. Send them back and next time tell family to shush about it 😄

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

please share a picture and I will give you  my honest first reaction to seeing them on you.

I think she may have posted a pic in the "Beauty Purchases 2/18" thread.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Beauty-Purchases-2-18/m-p/6778962#M781177

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are going to be self conscious thinking no one likes them on you, I wouldn't keep them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakmI think you liked them until your family said they didn't look good on you. This is what happens when you let someone get into your head. I would keep the glasses, and wear them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   Perhaps you should select one color frames instead of the mix.  It's really up to you and how much like them or if it bothers you for everyone not to like them.  Have a great day.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@monicakm    Are these the glasses?

sunglasses3.jpg

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Yes, these are the sunglasses no one but me (and my husband) like.  I have a hard time taking my husband's word for it tho.  He likes everything I ask him about,  Maybe half dozen times in 41 years has he said he didn't like something I asked him about.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

I DO like them on me.  But maybe I'm not the best judge.  I've let doubt creep into my thought process Smiley Surprised  My family is not inherently critical tho.  I asked for their opinion and they all very gently let me know they didn't think it was a good look on me.  Even my aunt (5 years older than me) who never has a negative thing to say about anyone, agreed that I could do better.  I have a pair of white ones that they all like.  Oy!  I need to concern myself with more important issues!  I've got till March 16th to return them to Amazon.  I'll wear them out and about and see if anyone laughs at me LOL.  

Here is the pair everyone DOES like.

brighton.JPG