Honored Contributor
I bought a new pair of sunglasses and wore them for the first time today. My father, brother, mother, and Aunt all said that did not care for them on me. My husband didn't like them at first but said they grew on him. Of course they all said "but if you like them that's all that matters You should keep them". Of course I want them to look good on me. I wouldn't purposely leave the house with something that didn't look good. Should I keep them or send them back?
Honored Contributor

Re: No Love For New Sunglasses

Spoiler

Do what will make you happy 😊. 

Honored Contributor

Got it!  It will make me happy to not look ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

I vehemently dislike backhanded comments. 

I think it is ok to say something like "I have never been a fan of aviator sunglasses on me". But I cringe when I hear/read comments like "I don't like aviator sunglasses but if you ordered them--enjoy". So rude!

Trusted Contributor

If you like them on you then you should keep them. You are the one wearing them. 

Respected Contributor

If it were me I would send them back.  Even if I liked them, I know that if I had people tell me they didn’t like them on me, it would be in the back of my mind every time I wore them. 

Honored Contributor

If you bought the sunglasses to please your family, you must send them back.

You will never hear the end of it.

If you bought them to please yourself, wear them in good health

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:
I bought a new pair of sunglasses and wore them for the first time today. My father, brother, mother, and Aunt all said that did not care for them on me. My husband didn't like them at first but said they grew on him. Of course they all said "but if you like them that's all that matters You should keep them". Of course I want them to look good on me. I wouldn't purposely leave the house with something that didn't look good. Should I keep them or send them back?

@monicakm   Personally, I never wear, therefore keep, anything I don't absolutely 100% love. Why would you have to keep the sunglasses if not completely loving them every time you put them on? Now, if they have  prescription lenses, you may have a tough time w/ a return. If they don't bring you joy and you feel like a million dollars in them, return them.

That's how I mimimalized my closet and most of my belongings. Each item much spark joy or out it goes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it walks like a duck....

.............I believe it.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm You are going to have to send them back. I feel like you have lost confidence in them & you won't be comfortable wearing them.

Do you love the glasses on you? Or do you just love the look of the glasses?

Did you ask each person "Do you like these on me?" & they said "Um. Not my favorite."?

Or did you meet the person & they jumped back in shock & said "Ugh! Get rid of those glasses!"?

Are they easy to return? There are a lot of sunglasses to choose from & you could probably find another pair without much trouble.

And, if you return & get a new pair don't ask anyone's opinion! Pick a pair that you like (Or keep this pair.), put them on & go about your business! 

You will look great!

If you are anything like me you are going to lose them in a month, anyway! LOL