Honored Contributor

Stay healthy, stay safe and be mindful of others.   Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: No Beauty Purchases 3/20/20

I bought a few boxes of hair dye yesterday.  In case they stop shipping it or something like that.  

Honored Contributor

Have way more than I need-------not buying a thing

Honored Contributor

No beauty purchases here, only needs. I did buy tooth paste.

Honored Contributor

@GrouchomarxI rarely, rarely do my own color but since it looks as if no shops will be open, I will buy some color -  enough for several months.  Without color, my hair is not only gray (and yellow and orangy) but it's also pretty totally without body,   

Hate to think I'm so vain, but that first check in the morning mirror might just be the best part of some days a couple of months from now.  

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@GrouchomarxI rarely, rarely do my own color but since it looks as if no shops will be open, I will buy some color -  enough for several months.  Without color, my hair is not only gray (and yellow and orangy) but it's also pretty totally without body,   

Hate to think I'm so vain, but that first check in the morning mirror might just be the best part of some days a couple of months from now.  

Nothing wrong with being vain!  I feel it's important to continue to take care of ourselves, our bodies, hair and faces and maintain our normal standards during this time.  Even if I get stuck at home I still want to look nice and not like a scrubby old hag!  I too do not want to see my realy hair color which a very uneven gray.  

Honored Contributor

I'm still on my no buy except skincare. Makeup will last longer since not wearing it these weeks at home and since not taking appts. to do makeup on others, have a generous supply to borrow from if needed. Thanks @Katcat1 . Stay well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1  I'm confused. Today is March 19th. This says "No Beauty Purchases 3/20/20." Is someone doing a thing, boycotting the purchase of beauty products tomorrow? If yes, why? As I said, I'm confused. Can someone please explain? Keep up with all the shoulds is getting tiring.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann  I entered this thread early as I won't be available tomorrow but I was surprised that anyone would be adding purchases since I said NO Beauty Purchases -- meaning shutting down until things are back to normal.  That is why I did not write my usual thread.  I know life goes on but beauty purchases can wait.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I am feeling much, much stronger from the Bronchitis and still on antibiotics until Monday.  I will need to go out shortly for necessities if they are even in the store!!!   I pray that people stop hoarding.  You take good care.  I just ordered soups/salad from Panera and waiting on delivery.  mmmm

kindness is strength