Honored Contributor

Re: No. 7 foundation REVIEW....................

BTW, on my Stay Perfect box it says nothing about what kind of skin it is for.  I am normal/sensitive and so far it is fine.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess

At the Walgreens store I went to yesterday, there was no clerk anywhere near the makeup section but the store manager (a man) was working at the checkout in the cosmetics area. I approached him and said I wanted to be color-matched for a No7 foundation.  He said he had to go get the color-matching device and would be right back.  As it turned out, I guess he sent a female clerk to help me because she approached me, tool in hand. 

I'm not sure whether all the sales staff in the Walgreens store are trained on how to use the device but it seemed pretty simple to me and I'm sure if the manager had not found a female employee to help me, he could have done it himself.  It's just a little device that they hold on your face, close to your jawline, and the thing beeps then reveals your best color match in the No7 line. 

I was actually in between the lightest shade, Calico, and the Warm Ivory but when she swatched each on my skin, Calico was a better match as the Warm Ivory was a tad too dark. Also, I didn't know whether or not the color was going to oxidize so I didn't want to start out darker. Incidentally, the color stayed true and I'm happy with it. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse

Good to know it doesn't oxidize.

The doctors are about to at least find or confirm a few things for me.

Whoever told me my scaly skin might not be dry skin, but something else, was right on!

Nothing went on correctly...and everything made my skin worse... So...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 I hope you get your skin issues resolved and that you find a foundation that works for you.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse  Target by my house did not have that tool to match your shade.  I believe that No 7 does run a little dark compare to some other brands.  At least that was my experience when I was in the store.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 Angie from Hot & Flashy reviewed this foundation and said that she had to choose a lighter shade than she normally used because it oxidized and turned darker on her. I don't know about the Stay Perfect formula but the one I bought didn't oxidize on me. 

Did yours oxidize?

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Icegoddess

At the Walgreens store I went to yesterday, there was no clerk anywhere near the makeup section but the store manager (a man) was working at the checkout in the cosmetics area. I approached him and said I wanted to be color-matched for a No7 foundation.  He said he had to go get the color-matching device and would be right back.  As it turned out, I guess he sent a female clerk to help me because she approached me, tool in hand. 

I'm not sure whether all the sales staff in the Walgreens store are trained on how to use the device but it seemed pretty simple to me and I'm sure if the manager had not found a female employee to help me, he could have done it himself.  It's just a little device that they hold on your face, close to your jawline, and the thing beeps then reveals your best color match in the No7 line. 

I was actually in between the lightest shade, Calico, and the Warm Ivory but when she swatched each on my skin, Calico was a better match as the Warm Ivory was a tad too dark. Also, I didn't know whether or not the color was going to oxidize so I didn't want to start out darker. Incidentally, the color stayed true and I'm happy with it. 🙂

@Texasmouse, Sounds like the device they use at Sephora.  Either the girl there didn't know how to use it or it wasn't working properly because it was way off.  Another girl walked up and said (Nars) Mont Blanc just from looking at me and she was correct.  That was also the color one of the online color matching sites had suggested.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse  My shade did NOT oxidize.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

So, I picked up the Stay Perfect at Target today.  I wanted to try the Illuminate Serum Foundaton, but I guess they don't make that one in Cameo so I was afraid the Soft Ivory would be too dark.  I gave it a quick try this evening just to check the color match and it is quite close at the jaw line.  It did seem a bit more yellow at the hairline which is lighter than the skin on my face.  It seemed to take a bit more product than I usually use of my Nars to completely cover my face, but I was sorta rushing, so we'll see.  

I still may try the luminous one since I like a bit of a dewy finish.  Might even try mixing the two.  

Honored Contributor

Stay Perfect Foundation has luminous finish, after numerous experiments found what works best for me. Number one, Josie's argan oil, let it set few minutes...

Then primer, stay perfect tested fingers, and brush, beauty blender->wins. 

Set with bye bye illumination powder, spritz "smashbox primer water" 

My shade (cool ivory) no oxidation, incredible longevity: eight hours. 

No oxidation, no settling in lines, end result nice soft natural finish.