Respected Contributor

Received an email from Nira - they are having a 40% off sale now through monday

For those who have already purchased - how do you like it?  

Honored Contributor

I've been using my NIRA for only 13 days. It's way too soon to say what it's doing yet. NIRA website says it takes 8 weeks to see any significant results. Some users say they can see changes in about 6 weeks when used at the highest laser setting...which I have been doing since day 1. 

If my results turn out positive then I'm considering buying the NIRA Pro which is only available through CurrentBody UK at this time.  It's on sale now also and I've been sitting on my hands with a burning temptation to go ahead and buy it now. But I have to be reasonable and wait to see if anything good happens with the (smaller) NIRA I am using now.

ETA-

The NIRA Pro cannot be shipped to the US.  CurrentBodyUK changed that just recently. Before they said it could be shipped from the UK for a $4 fee. Not any more. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks @SilleeMee   How does it feel to use?  any perceptible zaps or pain?  any redness or reactions after use?  are you using it other places than around the eyes?

that the dif. between the pro and the regular?  

have you tried their hyalauric acid?  For some reason I have interest in that

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars 

Since I have the thing set on the highest level, I feel it sting a bit with each press of the button. Some areas I feel it more than others but it's not unbearable. I do get some redness but that goes away within a half an hour or less. On one spot on my forehead I pressed the button once too many times too soon between zaps and I got a small burn spot from that. It turned into a tiny scab which fell off in a few days and left behind no trace of a burn after that.

My treatment areas are mostly lines around my mouth and also the naso-labial lines. I'm also zapping some small broken caps and surprisingly, although I think it's way too soon to say this, but the redness of the broken caps seems to be getting less visible. I can't say for sure why that is so but it could be from using my RLT mask ...no way to say for sure at this point. 

I don't use my NIRA around my eyes b/c I use another type of laser for that, a Palovia laser, and I've had exceptionally good results with that.

The NIRA Pro has a larger head and I think it might use a stronger laser but I'm not sure.

download.jpg

@4kitties 

I haven't forgotten about our conversation about broken caps. Thought I would give you a shout-out so you can see what I wrote here. It's too soon to for anything certain but that's my experience so far....not much really.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee thanks. I'm going to look into that palovia you mentioned!  palovia is not for the rest of the face too?

I'll be interested to hear about your results with the nira

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars 

Palovia lasers are no longer available. The company went out of business. 

Respected Contributor

I am also using the NIRA and I use the 2nd setting for now.  I use it around my eyes, lips,  Nasolabial lines and marionette lines.  I can feel a little sting and definitely if I hit an area twice.  It isn't really painful but a bit of sting.  My little redness goes away within an hour.   I like being able to concentrate on a specific area and I believe I am seeing a bit of improvement in some of the deeper lines, but I also use the RMT mask as well so it's hard to tell what is working where.  I use a small mirror to ensure that I am treating exactly where I want to with the NIRA.  I too know that it will take some time to see results and plan to continue to use it.  I also use the Tria at home laser so I use it as well.

I would consider the bigger NIRA if I didn't already have the Tria that is relatively new.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@Jk9  Interesting.  Thank you for that feedback.  Did you mean RLT mask -  as in red light therapy mask? or is RMT something else?  Which do you use?

I'll look up the tria laser too

Super Contributor

@moonandthestars   Wish I could give a review---I have not received mine yet. This is what I got from the company:  (on 11/14/22)

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars Sorry for the typo!  Yes RLT (red light therapy) mask.  I am on my second Tria Smooth Beauty laser (not the hair removal one)  and like it for treatment of larger areas.  I  used it on the boney area around my eyes but not right below my eyes as you can with the precision NIRA.  And the technology is different in the two lasers.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.