Respected Contributor

Re: Nipple cream

[ Edited ]

Some YouTube beauty broadcasters espouse this, too many great lip products out there for me to go that route! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Some YouTube beauty broadcasters espouse this, too many great lip products out there for me to go that route! 

Look at ingredients, nothing any more odd about it ,compared to lip products.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My dad was raised on a ranch in Colorado. He'd be 102 if still alive.  There is a salve that comes in a small green tin that's still available in drug stores. He referred to it as t*t salve because they used it on the udders of cows. He swore it was the best thing in the world for chapped lips. It's been around a long time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My dad was raised on a ranch in Colorado. He'd be 102 if still alive.  There is a salve that comes in a small green tin that's still available in drug stores. He referred to it as t*t salve because they used it on the udders of cows. He swore it was the best thing in the world for chapped lips. It's been around a long time.

From the description of the tin, it sounds like Bag Balm

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbestOh for sure the ingredients are fine, however, my balms travel with me. I won't be pulling nipple cream out of my purse!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I use Original A+D ointment.

A family member had a staph infection once, had to be in the hospital to have the infection surgically removed when meds didn't work.   Anyway, the doctor told him he needed to take better care of his skin, to use a moisturizer daily. (in addition to all the other medical advice)  The infection was in his forearm, near his elbow.

When he said he wasn't going to put on fru fru moisturizer the doctor told him to use KY Jelly.   

So take your pick, diaper salve, personal lubricant, bag balm or nipple cream!

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

From the description of the tin, it sounds like Bag Balm

@aubnwa01 That's it! I'd completely forgotten the name of it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I also wanted to mention, if you are using a matte lipstick, quit.

Most matte lipsticks are very drying.

I can only wear a matte lipstick a day or 2 in a row then I have to go back to a tinted lip balm or a moisturizing lipstick.

@goldensrbest wrote:

Has anyone used nipple crem for dry lips? Please just reply on this and no other products,thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@goldensrbestOh for sure the ingredients are fine, however, my balms travel with me. I won't be pulling nipple cream out of my purse!

@Jacie  I've heard that some people use Preparation H cream for the puffiness under their eyes.  Not sure I'd want to pull that out of my bag either.  Smiley Very Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Lots of women swear by Lansinoh for their lips. Basically just lanolin, which is found in many lip moisturizers.