Honored Contributor

Nikki La Rose Blush Test

[ Edited ]

She is a MUA I follow on YT.  She bought every blush in Sephora and rated them.  It's a long long (like two hours long) video.  I watched it in 3 parts.  Interesting in that it had me  wondering what she had to say about blushes I own, use and have considered.  She sticks to how they apply and wear.  Nikki is Susan Yara's (Mixed Makeup and founder of Naturium) makeup artist.

I Bought EVERY Blush in Sephora & TESTED THEM Back to Back

Respected Contributor

Re: Nikki La Rose Blush Test

@monicakm Did she disagree on any that you really love or did she love some that you don't like?

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

No, I don't think so but there were definitely some surprises. The only blush that comes to mind that I really didn't care for was the Huda Beauty cream blush sticks.  And it may have been the color that I bought. Sometimes the same product in a different color can applied differently. One might apply patchy and one not.  She had some surprises as well. I thought she wasn't going to like the Tom Ford blush and I was all excited because I've used a lot of willpower not to buy that $95 blush. She liked it 😳  She starts at the very lowest priced product and works up.  And she liked quite a few of the lower priced blushes.  There were a few that she didn't buy because she already had been given them in PR, she let you know right up front that she didn't buy it.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm I understand. Different colors do apply differently.

She has gorgeous skin & the blush lookes beautiful applied to her.

What an undertaking, though. I haven't watched it all, yet, but thank you for posting it.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm @Phew....that was something!...I am almost done. I have watched in pieces. Very informative! Thank you for sharing this!

Honored Contributor

WOW!!! That was a great video @monicakm . I subscribed. She seems very informative and low key. Thanks for the recommendation.💐

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

You're welcome.  She does have a soothing way about her.  I first discovered her by watching Susan Yara (Mixed Makeup) videos.  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm   THANK YOU so much for recommending this video.  Before I invested any time watching (which I have not had time to do yet), I thought I would watch some of her shorter videos.  LOVED!   I have never watched any influencers and almost no make up experts,  for a number of reasons.  This however, sounded interesting so I gave one of her short videos a shot first ..   I wound up watching 3!   I watched her 10 Must Have Products,   Mistakes you make applying make up and Mistakes applying eye make up.

I like her demeanor,  her suggestions and that she never (at least in those 3 videos) tells you something is wrong...    Instead,  she tells you there is a better way.  I don't necessarily agree with all of her suggestions,  but she does have some excellent tips and methods of application. 

Thank you,  as always,  for your wonderful suggestion.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 

That's such a nice compliment to Nikki Smiley Happy

I bet you would have loved Mel Thompson too.

Yes, they both are full of tattoos but they have similar

soft demeanors and both are excellent at what they do.  Sadly,

Mel is no longer with us but you can still see her videos (under her name).  She was my biggest makeup inspiration.  Tati started it all but Mel 

just spoke to me and I owe it all to her.