Respected Contributor

I just recently started using Josie's Infinity Cream and love it. It is very emollient and some people might think that it's too greasy. However, I use it sparingly and can be used around the eyes too. I use Retin A so it doesn't compete with those ingredients either. In the morning I wake up with such softness to my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Denese skin care products. They work and a little goes a long way. I see results with my 50+ and holding sensitive skin. Here are a few depending on what your needs are:

Dream Cream

Wrinkle Defense

Essential Lipid Cream 

Respected Contributor

I know many people love her products so I decided to do a little digging.    They profess their committment to cruelty free products and make great claims.   If you just read that, it's easy to think yippee and purchase.  Many companies use this ploy.   

But when you dig deeper, they do sell in China so they are require to submit the products for animal testing there.

So, no DD for me.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Night Cream

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Alison Wonderland 

Good point. How does one know?

How does one know if products are stripping skin?

Interesting question, because sometimes we just think something is normal. When I used Purity, I felt like it didn't leave my skin dry or tight. Later I switched to Dr. Denese's Hydrating Cleanser and realized that my skin felt better, so Purty was stripping it some. Later again I changed to other products that left my skin feeling even better, so I knew that even my hydrating cleanser was stripping my skin some. Sometimes we don't know until we make a change.

Ingredients are a good clue. I avoid facial cleansers with sulfates and drying alcohols and try to avoid drying alcohols in my other products, as well. Some treatments, like AHAs/BHAs can leave skin dry, so if you have a cleanser with an AHA, a serum with an AHA, and a moisturizer with an AHA/BHA, it can be easy to wind up with dry skin. If I'm using a serum with an AHA/BHA, I avoid cleansers and moisturizers with AHAs/BHAs, so as not to accidentally get too much of a good thing.

Foaming is also a good clue. If a cleanser foams, it likely strips. I love CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, which doesn't foam and leaves my skin feeling soft. It's not great at removing makeup, so I use a makeup remover or do a double cleanse with an oil-based cleanser and then the CeraVe when I wear makeup.

Hope that helps, @Bridgegal.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal  If you are wearing leather shoes and carrying a leather bag then you have no room to talk about animal testing.  Leather comes from animals.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Alison Wonderland 

Good point. How does one know?

How does one know if products are stripping skin?

Interesting question, because sometimes we just think something is normal. When I used Purity, I felt like it didn't leave my skin dry or tight. Later I switched to Dr. Denese's Hydrating Cleanser and realized that my skin felt better, so Purty was stripping it some. Later again I changed to other products that left my skin feeling even better, so I knew that even my hydrating cleanser was stripping my skin some. Sometimes we don't know until we make a change.

Ingredients are a good clue. I avoid facial cleansers with sulfates and drying alcohols and try to avoid drying alcohols in my other products, as well. Some treatments, like AHAs/BHAs can leave skin dry, so if you have a cleanser with an AHA, a serum with an AHA, and a moisturizer with an AHA/BHA, it can be easy to wind up with dry skin. If I'm using a serum with an AHA/BHA, I avoid cleansers and moisturizers with AHAs/BHAs, so as not to accidentally get too much of a good thing.

Foaming is also a good clue. If a cleanser foams, it likely strips. I love CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, which doesn't foam and leaves my skin feeling soft. It's not great at removing makeup, so I use a makeup remover or do a double cleanse with an oil-based cleanser and then the CeraVe when I wear makeup.

Hope that helps, @Bridgegal.

Using hot water on your skin will strip it as badly as any harsh cleanser would. It's a good idea to wash with cool water and while showering try to keep it at a minimum on your face.

Honored Contributor

Skinn Luminous Oil w/Manuka Honey.  So good!  The mask is really good too.  

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Bridgegal  If you are wearing leather shoes and carrying a leather bag then you have no room to talk about animal testing.  Leather comes from animals.

Nope.  No leather purse or shoes.   I'm not vegan.   Animals die everyday for food and medical testing among other things.  I just think that testing on animals for hair spray, for example, is bad.   No animal shoud be tortured so we can have hair spray especially when there are thousands of cosmetics and make up products to choose from that DON'T test on animals.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thanks.  Good information there.