Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nicole Kidman , filter or fabulous skin.

@SilleeMee wrote:

There are special filters on cameras that can single out one person in any particular scene. It's all done using computers (digital retouching). I was reading about them some time ago and I mentioned it here when someone was asking about filters used for homeshopping live presentations. I saw what happened when a filter got turned off and you could clearly see the difference on how the host looked.

I saw that too!  Lisa Robertson!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember that with Suzanne Somers too, at HSN she had great filters, and looked flawless, but when she moved on you could tell that she had had great filters and that even though she had fairly good skin, it was no where near as good as it appeared!

Nicole Kidman looks like she has really good skin, and that she really takes great care of it, but she also has access to the very very best dermatology can offer! So probably a little of both!

Hugh Grant's skin looked really dry to me, I just wanted to slather on a good serum and some moisturizer! He may have been a Sun Worshipper when he was younger! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

She's a truly beautiful woman that always had great skin.  I also believe she's taken care of it by staying out of the sun and has access to the best cosmetic services available (peels, etc).  IMO, I don't think she's had work done.

She and Brooke Shields are both natural beauties with great skin.

I am sure Nicole Kidman has great skin and great genes, but she has used Botox and fillers for years, not that there is anything wrong with that.  No one at 53 has a naturally unlined forehead and between the eyes area like her.  Below is a picture from 2009 highlighting her bunny ears, which often appear as a telltale sign of Botox-related paralysis.  They, of course, can also be eradicated with filler injections.

3F345D27-613A-4B38-BDE1-6EACEA443185_4_5005_c.jpeg

Respected Contributor

That picture may be un retouched , but 12 years later her skin looks even better. I the in Undoing it doesn't even look like she has make up on. I know it is un fair to scrutinize women like that , but if i looked that good , scrutinize away . And with her talent she could age gracefully and go on acting forever.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I don't have any lines on my forehead or in between my eyes either. I'm 65, no Botox or fillers but lasers and microneedling.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I wonder if she even uses Neutragena , I use the retinol cream , and i like it , but with her fair skin , i can't see using it.

Honored Contributor

Probably a combination of both. It reminds me of the movie Tootsie, about Dorothy Michaels (Dustin Hoffman)

Rita-"I'd like to make her look more attractive, how far can you pull back"?

Cameraman-"How do you feel about Cleveland"?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

I don't have any lines on my forehead or in between my eyes either. I'm 65, no Botox or fillers but lasers and microneedling.Woman Wink

I don't have any forhead lines or in between my eyes either @SilleeMee .  It's very possible.

Frequent Contributor

She is a big lover of botox. If we had her money we could all have beautiful skin.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

I don't have any forhead lines or in between my eyes either @SilleeMee .  It's very possible.

I will join you ladies on that statement @San Antonio Gal @SilleeMee . Personally, I think it is genetics and having avoided the sun for so many years.