Honored Contributor
On 7/12/2014 howwhatwhen said:
On 7/12/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I caught a bit of it. I have to admit that I had previously never heard of her. I thought she was actually rather engaging. And I might have even tried her fragrance, but the bottle was just not what I would want to put on my vanity tray. I'm sure it would be great for either a young girl or someone more brave than I. Wink Oh, and the reviews for her previous ones weren't so great.

ITA, the bottle was down right hideous. I originally saw the bottle on HSN's home page and had hoped that is was just a really bad picture but after seeing it present on air I realized the the picture was spot on, lol

Seriously. I would be afraid of it coming alive during the night. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I heard of her and would never buy anything she endorses. I would not call her a role model for younger girls. She wears very tight clothes, use to wear nothing but wigs, lots of makeup and I do not see the appeal.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
On 7/12/2014 dfyre said:

Same here as well - BUT, even if I did like her, I've never understood how anyone could purchase a fragrance without smelling it first. Is there something wrong with me? BTW, DH has asthma and emphysema so I don't wear cologne in any event.

I don't see how anyone could purchase a fragrance without smelling it first either. I've never understood how they could get anyone to buy it on the shopping channels.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor
On 7/12/2014 NickNack said:
On 7/12/2014 dfyre said:

Same here as well - BUT, even if I did like her, I've never understood how anyone could purchase a fragrance without smelling it first. Is there something wrong with me? BTW, DH has asthma and emphysema so I don't wear cologne in any event.

I don't see how anyone could purchase a fragrance without smelling it first either. I've never understood how they could get anyone to buy it on the shopping channels.

That's what I always thought, too, NickNack, until a poster said that it really isn't all that different than buying makeup that you haven't seen or used in person. I don't know how apt that is, but I fell for it. I did buy a fragrance from HSN. It didn't work for me.

But since then I did make one blind purchase after reading reviews on a wonderful perfume sight. And this one did work out for me. Of course, I bought it for "pennies" on Amazon so wasn't too worried.

As for this celebrity, I did find her very personable and charming. I know nothing about her, so maybe she has done something or said something that was uncalled for? Someone mentioned her tight clothes and lots of makeup, but that kind of stuff just doesn't bother me.

Kids will always be fans of celebrities whom older people may not approve. Heck, I remember the brouhaha over Elvis Presley -- just barely, but I do remember. Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I saw her on HSN. I have never heard her sing a note, but she gets a ton of bad press. From what I've read her songs are full of se**ually explicit material. She has had a number of plastic surgery procedures (nose job, implants etc.), and often goes on stage half naked to boot. She is definitely not a role model for minors. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

I love her music for working out. That perfume bottle was truly awful! It looked like a halloween Pez dispenser. I could never have that on my vanity lol!

Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with her music & I haven't bought or worn perfume in years...but she & Shannon sure were having fun last night!

Respected Contributor
On 7/12/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I love her music for working out. That perfume bottle was truly awful! It looked like a halloween Pez dispenser. I could never have that on my vanity lol!

Honored Contributor

I don't understand it either. I watched a few minutes of it. I think she's cute. I like her candor. I don't know much about her music. I surely would not buy and of her perfume only because I can't smell it first, not because of her.

I can't think of any celebrity I've ever (even when I was a kid) worshiped.

Super Contributor
On 7/12/2014 NickNack said:

I'm not a fan of hers, so I didn't watch.

ITA. I wouldn't buy anything she sold.

I don't get the fan worship either, it's really bizarre that anyone could worship a singer or actress -- anyone that much. It's really so strange and nothing I can relate to.

I don't know what perfume she had on last night, she has several different ones I think-- either that or it's the same perfume and it comes in different bottles. The creepy perfume bottles are even more bizarre than she is.