Valued Contributor
Who in their right mind is going to pay $60 plus for shampoo, conditioner etc....
This to me is insane. And the average American can't write a check for a $400 emergency if they had to.
I live in the Midwest, heat, humidity, and now rain....lol...
No product is going to produce "perfection" lolol
Valued Contributor

Contributor

@katie1859 wrote:
Who in their right mind is going to pay $60 plus for shampoo, conditioner etc....
This to me is insane. And the average American can't write a check for a $400 emergency if they had to.

FYI............people who buy Oribe products.

Honored Contributor

I don't care how much money people spend on the things they buy. It's nomb. I know what I like to buy and use. That's all that matters to me. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with @SilleeMee .  Why should I care how someone else chooses to spend their money??  It's none of my business.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez products

[ Edited ]

I buy Redken and it's around $50 for a large liter bottle when it's not on sale and that probably last me close to a year.  I just bought some on sale at the Ulta sale for $37. I think that's better than buying a smaller bottle of drug store stuff several times a year. 

Respected Contributor

I spend a lot on my olaplex products and yes I am quite capable of writing a check for 400 for an emergency.  My hair is very thick and dry, its worth it to me.

Honored Contributor

I would!  It is not unusual that many would want to!!  I have paid more for shampoo and conditioner that worked for me.  I do not write checks but have way more than $400 for any emergency!!   Why would anyone care what others spend money on anyway!!???

Trusted Contributor

To each his or her own.  People spend why they feel is right for them.  I have no issue with posters who post their opinion on products and their prices.  However, saying "who in their right mind" borders on disparaging.   Same thing happens with QVC food.  

Honored Contributor

@katie1859 wrote:

Your tone is condescending, @katie1859 . People like what they like.  If it's a premium brand, so what?  That goes for anything and everything; the size of their house or car, appliances they purchase, furniture, what they put in their grocery cart, colognes, restaurants they frequent, jewelry, tattoos, where they vacation, etc..  You may spend more in one or more of these categories than others here.  Does that mean you're not in your right mind?  People have the right to choose what they want to spend their money on and it's no one else's business, nor does it imply they aren't in their right mind.