Contributor

I am switching back to Nick Chavez after several years with perm curls that had me using Devacurl. I am going to the Plump and Thick line, and I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations between the "whip" and the "mist"? I'm looking for shine and body after using the L'ange le volume tool, which is similar to the Revlon One-Step. TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez product info

@LadyDoc   I use the whip because I like to get in there and apply.  It gives me a lift that I need as I have limp hair.

Honored Contributor

It seems Tweak'd and Calista have taken over as Q's shampoo/hair sweethearts now. Even Chaz has taken a back seat.

Honored Contributor

@LadyDoc    If you are looking for shine and some body look no further.  Mario Badescu has a spray on conditioner that gives you both.  It is wonderful and reasonably priced like the rest of his products.  I never used conditioner because it weighed down my hair but I now use this spray on each time I wash my hair.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Katcat1, can you give us the name of the Mario product?  I can't find it on amazon or ulta!

Respected Contributor

Is QVC the only place that sells Nick Chavez products.  I haven't been able to find in my area.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@LadyDoc    If you are looking for shine and some body look no further.  Mario Badescu has a spray on conditioner that gives you both.  It is wonderful and reasonably priced like the rest of his products.  I never used conditioner because it weighed down my hair but I now use this spray on each time I wash my hair.

@Katcat1 

I didn't know Mario Bedescu had hair products.  Nice to know.  What is the exact name of product and where to buy?  This sounds like a product I could use. 

TIA

Super Contributor

@LadyDoc I have only tried the mist, which I dearly love for my oh so thin hair. It has been a near miracle for adding fullness, especially at the crown. I may try the whip next. Hope he will be on again soon. Of note, I think his Plump and Thicken runs rings around Tweaked products. I have switched for good now to Nick.

Super Contributor

For me, the BEST product from Nick's line was the Volumizing Hold Hairspray in the blue can. Oh my goodness, it is fabulous!! Sadly, it appears to be discontinued now. I miss it so much!
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate   I can't believe this.  The product was discontinued.  I did a search and Walmart has it for $18 which is very high.

kindness is strength