Valued Contributor

Does anyone have any tips for using soft flocker ?   My hair is short and fine and no matter what I do, my hair ends up looking greasy.  I do what he shows on tv, and just can't make it work regardless of how little I use.  

Respected Contributor

Hello, Fluke67 and welcome. Smiley Happy

I don't use Nick's Soft Flocker, so I can't say. But someone else does, so perhaps she may be able to help.

@JanCA, I think you said you use Nick's Soft Flocker. Any tips on how to help make it work?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez fans - help

[ Edited ]

I purchased the Soft Flocker back in February of this year. It was a special on a very large jar. I have barely put a dent in that product because a very tiny amount goes really far. I definitely haven't even gotten to the 1/8 of the jar of useage. Lasts forever!

I have very short, fine/thin hair and the Soft Flocker is awesome. But I learned very early on that less is better. Don't use so much. Nick usually has a model that has very long hair and one who is what I would call has medium length hair. Mine is so short that you can barely wrap my hair around a brush that is small in dimension.

I am a WEN gal so where Nick's Soft Flocker comes in is if I don't want to take the time to style my hair. I put a very small amount (pea size) in my palm and rub it together. Basically you can't see the product on the hand after I rub that tiny bit into my hands, but it is enough to run/rake my fingers thru my hair. Before that I take both hands and quickly rub it back and forth over the entire hair, just like he shows when demonstrating the "parting of the sea."

I am always amazed at what it can do for my hair, which is basically so straight. He talks about the piece-y look, and that is how I use it. Just to give some dimension and make my hair look like I used a curling iron or something else to style.

Experiment with it by using less.

Oh, and by the way, it does make your hair shine after using it.

Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't work for me either no matter how little or how much I've tried, I also get that greasy instead of piecy look....but still very happy with his Plump N Thick shampoo/conditioner. No matter the product line I think that's just the way it is that what works for one persons type of hair might not work for the next person and you won't know till you try it for yourself.

Respected Contributor

I have medium length hair and use a tiny, tiny amount of this when I use it. With really short hair you'll have to be careful not to use too much. 

What product are you using before?  I wouldn't use anything too hydrating as a creme rinse or leave in treatment if my hair was very short (so ends are trimmed often) and I was trying to get lift and volume.  

Respected Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I have medium length hair and use a tiny, tiny amount of this when I use it. With really short hair you'll have to be careful not to use too much. 

What product are you using before?  I wouldn't use anything too hydrating as a creme rinse or leave in treatment if my hair was very short (so ends are trimmed often) and I was trying to get lift and volume.  

Am I showing my age or what??  Creme rinse instead of conditioner. Lol

Respected Contributor
Thanks for this thread. I have a jar of this on my counter and will use it tomorrow. My hair is way shorter now than when i bought it to go for a very piecey shoulder length bob. It will work great with my current long pixie!
Honored Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez fans - help

[ Edited ]

This product left my hair looking greasy and feeling very stiff.  

Not a good look.

I recommend Chaz Dean's WEN Styling Cream (SC) and or his wonderful Volumizing Treatment Mist (VTM).

Good luck finding a product that works for you!  Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Thanks to all. I've been using volumzing spray and mousse (suave) which have worked well, but I have to use gobs of product to get sufficient texture and hold, plus I would prefer a softer look.  I'll try using less soft flocker - fingers crossed!

Respected Contributor

@Fluke67 I tried using the Soft Flocker for awhile without much success. I have thick, layered, chin-length hair. I could only use the tiniest smear of product---nowhere near the quarter-size amount I've heard Nick suggest! Even a dime-sized dab was too much. And, for me, it was hard to get a consistent amount out of the jar each time.

What finally made me give up on the SF was the smell, though. It didn't stink, not at all, but it was just so strong-smeling to me!

I have much better results with Wen Glossing Serum. Thank goodness we have so many choices!