Respected Contributor

Nick Chavez' Yucca shampoo and conditioner really works!

...AND IT WORKS!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I got a compliment on my hair from a stranger. I NEVER get compliments about my hair from random people! I used the Traditions Yucca shampoo and conditioner, and my hair is actually retaining bouncy, soft curls. And Nick really wasn't kidding about his product having memory. The next day, all I have to do is wet my hair and the curls come right back!

It's so ironic, too, because the Traditions line was created with the help of Nick's grandmother. So, it looks like I owe thanks to not only Nick, but his grandmother as well. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez' Yucca shampoo and conditioner really works!

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at this, was it moisturizing as well?

Respected Contributor

The poo is really nice, but the conditioner doesn't detangle enough for my fine, knotty hair. Worth trying though!

Respected Contributor

On 6/18/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

Yes. It even says on the Yucca shampoo bottle "hydrating" and on Nick's website, it's classified under "moisturizing." Which means it's for hair that's really dry. Also, it is VERY IMPORTANT not to use too much of the Yucca conditioner. I made that mistake thinking, "well, using a medium-sized amount won't hurt." I used too much of the conditioner and it dried out my hair. Nick wasn't kidding when he said to only use a pea-sized amount.

Hope it works out well for you. If not, QVC has that 30 day, money back policy. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review. I haven't tried this, or even heard of it.

I wish QVC featured Nick more, like they did in the past. He has some awesome products, and I'd like to get more info on the newer ones.

Honored Contributor

On 6/18/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

Yes. It even says on the Yucca shampoo bottle "hydrating" and on Nick's website, it's classified under "moisturizing." Which means it's for hair that's really dry. Also, it is VERY IMPORTANT not to use too much of the Yucca conditioner. I made that mistake thinking, "well, using a medium-sized amount won't hurt." I used too much of the conditioner and it dried out my hair. Nick wasn't kidding when he said to only use a pea-sized amount.

Hope it works out well for you. If not, QVC has that 30 day, money back policy. Smile

I guess I don't understand then- if it is moisturizing and hydrating, why would using a little more than pea sized dry out your hair? A small amount moisturizes but a little bit more does the opposite? Call me confused?

Respected Contributor

On 6/18/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 6/18/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

I guess I don't understand then- if it is moisturizing and hydrating, why would using a little more than pea sized dry out your hair? A small amount moisturizes but a little bit more does the opposite? Call me confused?

I think it's because the conditioner is very, very concentrated. Literally, the Yucca conditioner comes out of the tube like toothpaste. The description of it and I think even Nick said that it helps to balance the hair. So using too much over-corrects the hair and using too little does nothing. Kind of like if eat a healthy amount of fruit, it helps to nourish the body, but if you eat way too much it cleans you out...and not in a good way.

Not really sure if I can explain it very well. Anyway, if some find that the conditioner is too hard to use, QVC sells the Traditions Yucca shampoo and conditioner separately.

Respected Contributor

On 6/18/2014 september said:

Thanks for the review. I haven't tried this, or even heard of it.

I wish QVC featured Nick more, like they did in the past. He has some awesome products, and I'd like to get more info on the newer ones.

Yeah, I actually had to watch QVC Italy to watch and listen to Nick's demonstration of the Traditions Yucca Shampoo/conditioner. Actually, if you go to QVC Italy and Germany, almost ALL of Nick's items have a video where he's describing and demonstrating most of his products. Then there are some videos where someone else does it, but they don't speak English.

Honored Contributor

I have a small tube that I received in a test tube quite a while back but I haven't used it. frankly I was a bit fearful to try it because yucca is a root vegetable that's like 10 times starchier than a potato! very gummy
Respected Contributor

One more thing I should mention about Nick's Traditions Yucca shampoo/conditioner: This IS NOT for the lady (or gentleman) who wants glamorous, Hollywood, rock star hair. Nick has other products for that. This is for the person who wants their hair to be soft, clean and manageable that will gain softness and bounce over time. It does not give any volume, lift or anything like that. This is for a more natural, healthy look.

On the plus side, the Traditions Yucca shampoo/conditioner doesn't have an overpowering, over-botanical, over-flowery scent. It just has a nice, clean fresh smell that will wear off within a day or so. So it probably won't bother anyone around you who's very sensitive to strong smells.